cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedometer and tachometer gauge failure

real4u2c
Explorer
Explorer
I have a w22 chassis for a 04-gas pace arrow, my speedometer and tachometer and the horn for my jacks don't work. I checked the interior fuses for the instrument cluster, and none are burned, I verified using my Fluke multimeter. I can't find another fuse box inside the rig. The engine compartment has a battery related fuse box, and none were burning it. So is there something between the fuses and the actual gauges affected, I didn't see anything. Any and all help is appreciated
Retired Marine with Retired Navy woman2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 C, Workhorse p32 chassis, 8.1l gas engine.
5 REPLIES 5

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
its located inside the dash cluster. He passed away so cannot ask him.

Its something like these. stepper motors

real4u2c
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I found 4 under the hood, 1 at the drivers side u8nderdash, one next to the pdc, and still looking for more. Ill research this stepper motor
Retired Marine with Retired Navy woman2004 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37 C, Workhorse p32 chassis, 8.1l gas engine.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 2004 had a recall on that issue. They replace the cluster, but a friend figure it out as a bad stepper motor in the cluster.

real4u2c
Explorer
Explorer
Basement compartment? Slide out?

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my W chassis I had fuse panels under the dash, driver's side, a large fuse panel in a basement compartment, and another fuse panel next to the main 120 volt electrical panel.