cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SS Agile Solar question

tilda
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I'm totally new to this and I'm hoping I'm posting this in the right place.

I'm looking at renting an SS Agile Solar (not sure what class that is) for a few days to see whether I like doing road trips up to 10 days. I have no clue which year's model I'd be getting from the rental agency at this point, either. I'm not sure this will give the forum enough info to answer my question, but here goes: Both my husband and I are extremely light sleepers. We're wondering how loud the AC and the heater would be, if we had to run either at night, and also whether it's a persistent hum, like white noise, or more like cheap AC units that run quietly for some time and then go KA-CHUNK!!! and throw you out of bed when the thermostat kicks back in. I'm aware noise perception is relative, but maybe I can still get some picture.

Thanks for any input!
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Like sleeping in a barracks, you’ll get used to both. Regarding the RV furnace, I don’t use mine much when sleeping. Use blankets. Snuggle!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ronfisherman
Moved from class C.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

tilda
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies! This doesn't sound reassuring...

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
I think your referring to a Roadtrek camper van.
If so it's considered a class B. As to how quiet, Road trek is a premium builder, they are known for quality products, but remember you are looking at a very small space. An AC unit or even a refrigerator may seem quiet in a house, but if you sat two feet from it, it may seem very loud. Inside a camper this size, you are sitting within 3 to 4 feet of basically everything. If an appliance has moving parts, you will likely hear them.
Also the windows on this are no different than those in an automobile, sounds from outside will be heard inside much more so than in a house with thermopane windows and 4-6 inch thick insulated walls.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
No idea about the Roadtrek SS Agile's A/C unit, but most are about the same as running a window unit in the bedroom of your house.
The furnace can be a little quieter, but many have noisy fans.
Light sleepers, beware.:B
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)