cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still can not get any channels on my TV????

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer that we just bought and trying to check out every thing as we should. Been having trouble getting the TV to work getting channels. First we got a new Antenna from Camping World. Second we got a new Winegard Sensor Pro.Still no channels? Then went to Walmart and got a TV Amplifler. Still no channels. The TV goes through two scans them press exit as directed and it says scans the channels again. What am I doing wrong? I need help on this.
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.
60 REPLIES 60

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
I hook the original cable from the antenna back up to the box and its ok get 2 channels also. I think I am ok for now. Thank for all the input and you all are a great help. Now to check out the rest of the MH like the furnace, hot water tank. The generator works great very quiet.
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
I got the TV working at the house do get 2 channels very clear. This afternoon when I get back from the Doctors my wife has stitches taken out of her lip. The MH is back in the garage drying off because it raining here. Then I am going to hook up the original cable from the antenna to see if it works as well as it does now. You half to take your time doing this and not get in a hurry.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Hook a set of rabbit ears up to the TV and scan and see if you get anything. Issue may be that it is an older TV, or you don't have the TV set to scan on antenna.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I am well versed in replacing "F" type connectors and after looking at the installation instructions on line for various types of RG179 connectors, if you can solder you can get connectors that do not require any special tools. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to replace one, but that's just me.

If you don't have a coax cable stripper, you can do it with a utility knife but for less than $10 you can get one and they are forever tools.

If doing it yourself is not plausible, find a CCTV shop or a Guitar Center(chain store) or a security system installer, they all use that type of connector. My NiteOwl security camera cables have them. Call a local DJ and ask about who does work on the DJ's system. Most mic's have that type connectors now.

It should not be difficult to find someone to replace the connector.

I just looked up the site BobGed suggested, forget that, find an electronics installer just like I said, Camping World doesn't hire any electronics people that I have ever met.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to fix the RG-179 cable is very difficult. You find the connectors online but it is hard to do and requires some soldering.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
Big Redneck wrote:
I got a big problem with my Winegard Sensor Pro. One of the connecters came off when I was installing it. I did ruin the connecter trying to reconnect it. I don't know where to get it fixed. I need help. Winegard doesn't want to help, just give me the run around. I don't know what to do?

Have you tried locating a Winegard dealer using this link? Find a Winegard Dealer
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
I got a big problem with my Winegard Sensor Pro. One of the connecters came off when I was installing it. I did ruin the connecter trying to reconnect it. I don't know where to get it fixed. I need help. Winegard doesn't want to help, just give me the run around. I don't know what to do?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
D.E.Bishop wrote:
Just a quick question, what is this box you talk about?

Many RV's have a simple wall plate. it has a 12 volt outlet, a Switch, A light and an antenna connection.. The SENSAR pro will replace it.

I have a "Box of many buttons" (BOMB) properly called a Matrix switch

Now think of this matrix

Television# Ant Cable DVR DVD SAT AUX
DVR
AUX

YOu have a push button in each BOX of the matrix allowing you to select any source to any destination save you can't send DVR to DVR.

My Sensor Pro is in the line from the BOMB to the Roof.

I am fully aware of all of this, what I was asking the OP, is what box has he got hooked up. To be back to a basic TV set and antenna, I suggested he eliminate the BOMB and all other peripherals.

It seems like with many used RVs, the original owners have modified some stuff. I was just suggesting that he by pass everything but the Sensar Pro and the TV set. If he is still having problems pulling in all the stations he had before, there would only be the newly purchased Sensar Pro, the direct coax or the television set at fault.

He did state he bought the Sensar pro and new head. I am going to step aside, there are too many experts helping and clouding the issues.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
D.E.Bishop wrote:

Many RV's have a simple wall plate. it has a 12 volt outlet, a Switch, A light and an antenna connection.. The SENSAR pro will replace it.

I have a "Box of many buttons" (BOMB) properly called a Matrix switch

Now think of this matrix

Television# Ant Cable DVR DVD SAT AUX
DVR
AUX

YOu have a push button in each BOX of the matrix allowing you to select any source to any destination save you can't send DVR to DVR.

My Sensor Pro is in the line from the BOMB to the Roof.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The coax from the antenna on the roof must run directly to the Sensar Pro and the Sensar Pro must have 12V power connected. You then run another coax fron the Sensar Pro to the TV input. There should be no other connections or boxes involved. Once you know that's all working as it should we can discuss how you are getting the TV signal to other TV's.
You "should not" need to cut a larger hole but then maybe you don't have a Winegard antenna now.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
OK today I will install the Sensor Pro Direct from the TV to the Sensor Pro. Then the new cable that from the Antenna to the Sensor Pro. Will let you the outcome when done.

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer

David Bishop
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stop talking about getting a booster!

You HAVE a very good booster; the sensar Pro.

Adding a booster when you have a Sensar is like saying you’re buying a turbo for your engine that already has a turbo.

I haven’t heard you say you pushed the peak button and point to the highest signal, Then rescan.

Good luck!
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
I have been taking notes on what you have told me about the Sensor Pro. Today here we have had 3 inches of rain. I am not worried about the TV because I will get it corrected one way or another. I don't give up. Tomorrow I half to cut the hole larger for the Sensor Pro. The hole where it goes is too small. Did you half to do this? Today I worked on my 32 Ford 3 window coupe. Its all original as Henry built it.