cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Still not sure about putting Nitrogen in your tires?

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have virgin ears you probably need to pass on the following video and the 10 reasons why Nitrogen in tyers is a SCAM. This Aussie presents some very good FACTS.
Virgin ears alert.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...
40 REPLIES 40

6MISFITZ
Explorer
Explorer
BUTCHPHI wrote:
You could shoot a 45 cal. bullet through your nitrogen filled tire and because those sucker nitrogen molecules are so large you probably would lose any air.:B
You got my vote for best response ... but it sounds like you are still on the fence about using it on your own tires?

Mike.
Mom, Dad, 4 kids, 2 Camping Dogs
Express 2500 LS (135"WB) 6.0L, 4.10, G80, PYO wheels, HENSLEY & McKesh
--------------------

MISFITZ

RACING

MFCC

Rallies Attended 4, 7 Un-Rallies

BUTCHPHI
Explorer
Explorer
You could shoot a 45 cal. bullet through your nitrogen filled tire and because those sucker nitrogen molecules are so large you probably wouldn't lose any air.:B

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
The reason NASCAR uses nitrogen in bottles is air compressors generate sparks (both electrical and motor driven generators) You just don't want sparks around areas where there might be fuel spills!

CapriRacer

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Now that I think about it, the Prevost service center put nitrogen in my tires and they do seem to stay at a rather constant pressure (not much loss).

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
usersmanual wrote:
Nice factoid. I think it is just easier to roll in for the week with a few nitrogen bottles vs the logistics of a compressor.

I assume NASCAR uses nitrogen in pit row also. Otherwise the pit crew could never change tires that fast using plain air in the jacks and gun.

wrong ::nitrogen has no bearing on the speed of the air guns ability to be fast or slow and the jacks used are all hydraulic

However compressed Nitrogen gas is safe unlike compressed oxygen
when it comes to sparks and or open flame etc

Who on earth would use compressed oxygen for an air gun?:h

compressed air then if you are not sure what we are talking about here;; is not the air you breath called oxygen and is it not used a via air compressor to run air guns ;; last time I looked it was
surely your not that dumb are you

There is a HUGE difference between compressed air and compressed oxygen. Not so much a concern with sparks and open flame with compressed air as with compressed oxygen.

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
jfkmk wrote:

compressed air then if you are not sure what we are talking about here;; is not the air you breath called oxygen and is it not used a via air compressor to run air guns ;; last time I looked it was
surely your not that dumb are you

The air we breathe is about 4/5 nitrogen and 1/5 oxygen, with a small amount of other gasses (e.g. argon and carbon dioxide) and some rather variable amount of water vapor. I've only heard it called "compressed air" when used for air tools, not "compressed oxygen."

Compressed (pure) oxygen is of course used for some things other than powering air tools, such as oxyacetylene welding, medical needs, and (when liquified) as a rocket engine reagent.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ivylog wrote:
In 12 years I have never gotten any water out of the two air tanks on my DP .........

Seriously? I'd like to know where you drive.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
usersmanual wrote:
Nice factoid. I think it is just easier to roll in for the week with a few nitrogen bottles vs the logistics of a compressor.

I assume NASCAR uses nitrogen in pit row also. Otherwise the pit crew could never change tires that fast using plain air in the jacks and gun.

wrong ::nitrogen has no bearing on the speed of the air guns ability to be fast or slow and the jacks used are all hydraulic

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
1gvols wrote:
Try have to use nitrogen

That is exactly right. Even the pneumatic tools used are run by nitrogen. Click here

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
1gvols wrote:
NASCAR will not allow a air compressor in the Pits

I assume NASCAR uses nitrogen in pit row also. Otherwise the pit crew could never change tires that fast using plain air in the jacks and gun. ๐Ÿ˜‰

1gvols
Explorer
Explorer
Try have to use nitrogen

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
1gvols wrote:
NASCAR will not allow a air compressor in the Pits

so what?