cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest a 'C'

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to possibly upgrade next year so starting to research now. Since there are so many layouts and models could use some help.
Here is some of my requirements-
-Need bunkhouse- have two teens
-Able to comfortably sleep 6
-At rest stop would still like to use bedroom, restroom, pantry without sliding open
- restroom and shower seperate
- 30 foot minimum
-2010-2017 year range

What are you driving?
23 REPLIES 23

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
Hank85713 wrote:
although we dont have what you want we did see them made by Jayco when we looked. Believe they may still make all were 30+ ft in length. Take a look at their website to see if still available.

Good tip! Saw a Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Looks like something I can work with.

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
The ideal size for a class C on the 176" wheel base is 26.2 feet. Smaller is better. The ratio is 54%. It drove like a large car. I had zero accidents between 2001 and 2009, driving at least 1000 miles per month, in a 27 foot unit.

At a 50% ratio, that becomes 29.3 feet. The RV is still driveable but very tiring, and much harder to control.

I went from a 27 foot to a 28'5". In the first three years I had 4 tail swing accidents. Because of a rebuilt bumper, made from 3/8 inch "U" channel and welded to the frame, there was little damage to the class C. The vehicles that I hit did not fair nearly so well.

The accidents cost me my good driving record and this year, I'll finally have a +1 rating. (I started out at +16, in 2009.)

I would not want a 30 foot (or larger) class C based on the 176 inch wheel base.

I hear you. Have a 30' now. Drives well and have squeezed through some tight spots.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The ideal size for a class C on the 176" wheel base is 26.2 feet. Smaller is better. The ratio is 54%. It drove like a large car. I had zero accidents between 2001 and 2009, driving at least 1000 miles per month, in a 27 foot unit.

At a 50% ratio, that becomes 29.3 feet. The RV is still driveable but very tiring, and much harder to control.

I went from a 27 foot to a 28'5". In the first three years I had 4 tail swing accidents. Because of a rebuilt bumper, made from 3/8 inch "U" channel and welded to the frame, there was little damage to the class C. The vehicles that I hit did not fair nearly so well.

The accidents cost me my good driving record and this year, I'll finally have a +1 rating. (I started out at +16, in 2009.)

I would not want a 30 foot (or larger) class C based on the 176 inch wheel base.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
MDKMDK wrote:
You need a small "A" with those criteria. Like a Sunstar/Vista, or short diesel pusher.

We like having overhead bunk.

Jerseydevil
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
You might want to consider what is called a "Super-C". They are class C's built on a beefier chassis than the Ford E450. With two teens, anticipate cousins or friends to come now and then. Weight will be the concern and a Super-C has the load capability for people and their stuff.

Super C maybe in retirement plan but not now...lol...need more $$$ for one of those.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to consider what is called a "Super-C". They are class C's built on a beefier chassis than the Ford E450. With two teens, anticipate cousins or friends to come now and then. Weight will be the concern and a Super-C has the load capability for people and their stuff.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
The wheel base needs to be extended for a 30 footer or driving won't be much fun.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
You need a small "A" with those criteria. Like a Sunstar/Vista, or short diesel pusher.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
although we dont have what you want we did see them made by Jayco when we looked. Believe they may still make all were 30+ ft in length. Take a look at their website to see if still available.