cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suggestions

Bachus
Explorer
Explorer
Good day all. My wife and I have been without an RV for 2 years now after having had a trio of very nice fivers. We really want to get back into RV'ing and I have my eye on the Super C's. I currently drive a RAM3500 with the 6.7l CTD and I'm a big fan of that engine (second one I've had). I really like the look of the Super C's built on the freightliner chassis, and have only found one unit built on the RAM5500 chassis. But there seems to be limited choice. My "must haves" if we get one is that it has to be diesel and I'm looking for something higher end that won't look worn out in ten years. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Bachus
Dean and Tracy Bachellier
2017 Montana High Country 293RK
HiJacker 16K double pivot slider
2011 RAM 3500 SRW Crew Cab 4X4 CTD
"It's five o'clock somewhere...."
7 REPLIES 7

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Super Cs are noisy. Ride and drive one before you get too far. Rode in a friends....wow.

It's a diesel truck first and a motorhome second. That drivetrain is bulletproof.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Super Cs are noisy. Ride and drive one before you get too far. Rode in a friends....wow.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bachus, have you ever driven a super c ?

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Check out NEXUS they have Super C's Built on the International chassis, the Wraith features 6.7L Cummins ISB powerplant coupled with 6 speed Allison transmission.
nexucrv.com

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
We just went from a 40' fifth wheel and a 2019 Ram dually with the 6.7 HO Cummins to a 2022 Renegade Valencia 38RW. Let just say we're on a new learning curve. While the Renegade is nice it doesn't have the room or storage of the 5er. It's on a Freightliner S2 frame with the industrial Cummins 6.7 with the Allison transmission. It's a bit underpowered for the 33000lb rig. @ 360hp and 800 lb. ft. torque.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not sure which Freightliner chassis the Super C is built on, but I'm pretty sure it's available with a 6.7 Cummins.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
A quick internet search suggests that most/all Super Cs are diesel powered, and Jayco, Dynamax, and Thor versions all suggest they have "full body paint" options. So they have a better chance of not looking ragged after a few years of use. They will always look like a class C motorhome if that's not what you're looking for.
I have no idea on which ones are good/bad.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)