cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Doug Rainer

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
No telling how many people Doug has helped over the last 13 years he’s been on here giving excellent free advice. Many of his replies to a problem is longer than this post.

Recently I PM Doug on a problem... one AC short cycling in my 08 Navigator... rear Duotherm (1 of 3 old style on a 5 button Tstat) short cycles on AC...other 2 do not. Will start up multiple times... long enough for compressor to start and then immediately shuts off. Occasionally it will run for 10-60 seconds before shutting off. If I lower the temp several degrees lower it will start and run until it gets to the new lower temp and then start doing the same thing. I’ve covered the remote temp sensor with tape but doesn’t make any difference. Any suggestions on what to do???

Doug’s reply; take the remote sensor out of the wall and let hang. IF the sensor has a plastic clamp to keep from falling in the wall remove that plastic clamp. ANY pressure on the bulb of the temp Thermister will cause erratic operation including short cycling. Doug

THANKS, there wasn’t a clap real close, but the bulb was touching the cover. Repositioned and will see, once it cools down, if that fixes it, Problem Solved
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...
16 REPLIES 16

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
I too have benefitted from Doug and his many helpful replies. Sending a big THANK YOU to you Sir!
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Doug for all the time and effort you have put into your replies, they have helped more than you'll ever know.

I noticed wolfe10 replied too. He's no slouch either.

You guys rock!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, I've noticed for years that you have helped many people. I'm not on this site much anymore, the other one is so much more active.

Take care, you are appreciated by many folks!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Helped me. Thank you Doug.
BTW I miss my job.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Doug, it is great to have a professional willing to give advice!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
X99

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Yes! He has helped me a few times and he is not selfish with his info and it always seems to be spot on....Must have worked on these things a long time

41 years and still working.:B Doug

Doug is great . 🙂

Hope you hang out here a long long time .

Ray

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Yes! He has helped me a few times and he is not selfish with his info and it always seems to be spot on....Must have worked on these things a long time

41 years and still working.:B Doug

Lt46
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couldn't agree more. Just last week I posted a furnace problem and in 2 posts he had me up and running. Thanks again Doug!
Peter & Dawn
[black] 97 Winnebago Adventurer 37RW [/black]
F53/460 w/ tag axle
[black] 96 Prowler 27X SOLD[/black]
IAFF L-792 (Ret.)

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, I've learned a lot from reading his posts. They are accurate and to the point. Thanks Doug !
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III

Gundog
Explorer
Explorer
Doug took the time to help me the other day also thanks Doug.
2005 34' Expedition Cat C7 Allison 3000

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
ABSOLUTELY-- A great, professional help.

X2! Thanks to Doug for taking the time to help everyone here with his expertise! It hasn't gone unnoticed.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. His posts have helped me several times. Thanks Doug

Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT