cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

the road from Spokane to Banff and Jasper

classctioga73
Explorer
Explorer
we are driving our 31 foot rv and pulling a toad from Spokane to Banff and Jasper. Is the road drive-able with my rig and pulling a toad? any inclines or descents I should be worried about?
how are the grades on the Icefield Parkway?

Our route takes us up 95 thru Idaho into Canada, then 93 thru the Rockies and into Banff. from there we go north on the Icefields Parkway into Jasper.
On the route back we are going to West Glacier MT, how is the drive from Jasper to West Glacier for grades and inclines thru the Rockies?
3 REPLIES 3

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have driven that exact route a couple of times with our 40' motorhome and a toad. I don't recall any of it being difficult as far as hills or narrow roads. Exceptional scenery is what I remember!
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Google maps has a 'terrain' view you may find helpful. A box shows 'view topography and elevation' but it's grayed out. Perhaps I need google earth.. which you may have.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have driven the Ice fields hundreds of times and there is only one really big hill that will challenge you. The road is used by all sizes of RV's and if you take your time you will be fine, there is a pull off at the bottom and you can let any traffic past. It is fully paved with a small paved shoulder all the way. Spring is the worst time because of the pot holes but they are looked after by October :B :B :B
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks