cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thickness of side wall near shore water supply inlet

psalm10720
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 93 Brave 27RC and a friend built a 6โ€ ring with screw nuts so I can easily change out the shore water supply inlet. I am going to glue the ring to the coach but would like to secure it with 4 pop rivets. Looking for the thickness of the outside wall at that location to get the right length pop rivets.
5 REPLIES 5

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Click on your link and click edit. "Thickness of sidewalk near shore water supply hose" I think you meant to say SIDEWALL. :).....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Use Olympic rivets, aka tri lobed or tri fold. They expand with three ears, and are used to mount hardware to fiberglass body. If you are going through the whole side, use a machine screw or bolt and washer.
-- Chris Bryant

psalm10720
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea with paper clip! Thanks

MrWizard
All the way thru the wall? 1.5 inches
Thru the skin 1/8 to 1/4 inch plus washers rung etc..

Title says "sidewalk" not side wall
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You are probably going to use 1/4" pop rivets so I would tape the ring in the location that you want and then drill one, or all four holes, in both the ring and the sidewall. After you have drilled the holes, you can insert a straightened out paper clip, or other stiff wire, with a little bend on the end. Insert the wire and hook it on the inside lip and use your fingers to hold it at the edge of the ring. Pull it out and you have your wall thickness. Then head to Home Depot, Lowes, etc and get the right aluminum pop rivets.
Be sure to check your location so that you are not drilling in to any frame members.