cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thinking of a B

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
I've had 2 Sprinter based B's and generally enjoyed them. Got out because on the lack of dealer service network for them. I am considering downsizing again, but really want a Sprinter size that can tow my Jeep Liberty ~ 4500#. Does either the Dodge or Ford based units have the capacity ?
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?
9 REPLIES 9

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
WinMinnie02 wrote:
stay with class C

I agree. For me, one of the great things about a B is not having to tow.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
stay with class C

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
You might consider this alternative:
http://www.leisurevans.com/libero/
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've owned 4 Class B RV's over the past 30 years - a Champion TravelVan, two Chinooks and my current Roadtrek. The first was Dodge based, the Chinooks were Ford and the Roadtrek is Chevy. The last three were purchased new here in the DFW area, and based on my experience the perceived lack of a dealership network for service and warranty wouldn't deter me from a Sprinter in the future. Support that I've received from the dealership network for warranty and other repairs has been almost non-existant. I've found that doing it myself or hiring an independent gives me far better results in both time and cost.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
PSW wrote:
Our 2007 Roadtrek 210P had a towing capacity of over #7000 and a Chevy 3500 chassis. Like you, Sprinters are out because of lack of service capability and warranty dealers in the areas in which we spend most of our travel time.

years back when I was looking at them, IIRC the 210 was the only B I found with a 10,000 lb. rated receiver.
bumpy

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2007 Roadtrek 210P had a towing capacity of over #7000 and a Chevy 3500 chassis. Like you, Sprinters are out because of lack of service capability and warranty dealers in the areas in which we spend most of our travel time.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

wsfurrie
Explorer
Explorer
The PW Ford with the V10 had great towing capacity. Of course you would have to go used.
Wayne
Wayne

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
lack of dealers/service locations and cost make me look for anything but MB in a B. the new RAM sort of interest me. Travato has a new unit with twin beds that looks good to me.
bumpy

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 Pleasure-Way Lexor TD
Chevy 3500 chassis, 6 Litre 305hp, 3 speed w/OD
towing capacity 5000#, 500# tongue weight
real world use shows 15 MPG ( no trailer)

very happy with this B, anyone can and will work on a Chevy-
PW no longer uses the Chevy..sprinter, promaster etc are the new thing- but used units are out there
Roadtrek also used the chev for a number of models

mike