cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is one main reason we all have our own RV...WOW!

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
This was a Yelp review of a motel in the Merced California area on 4-25...Yikes!

Toilet broke, room next to us have police tape around it and looks like a car ran into it. We really should've checked reviews. Wouldn't move my aunt from her room that smelled like something died in there... they gave her air fresheners...looking for another hotel at the moment.

There's blood on my pillow!!! The (expletive deleted)!
2003 Safari Sahara 350HP Cummins ISC Allison 6 speed
Model 3753 - Triple Slide
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 toad
26 REPLIES 26

prstlk
Explorer
Explorer
When my girlfriend (now wife of 35yrs) drove straight from Boise to Las Vegas we arrived late and just needed a room. I finally found one vacancy sign in all the joints on the strip. I went to the office and got....you need it by the hour?, would like some movies it's only $2 more? No movies we will leave in morning. Got to the room I have seen red shag carpet on floors but never on the walls and ceiling. The 6 ft. By 8 ft. Mirror tiles above the bed were also a nice touch. It's nice sometimes to be a dumb arse kid from idaho. We were tired and had no clue.
ah youth is wasted on the young
jw
2007 Keystone Challenger 5th wheel, Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Diesel, Short Bed, 2 dogs and the cat and rolling down the road full time since May 2014

NC_Roamer
Explorer
Explorer
My son and I spent one night in a Motel 6 in Oakland, CA in 2000. I should have known it was in a bad part of town when I saw the desk clerk behind bullet-proof plexiglass as seen in check cashing joints. The room was dirty, smelled and there was visible drug related activity in the parking lot. But we had driven from North Carolina to Oakland in five days, it was late and we were wiped. We did, however, move out the next morning to a much nicer place.
2014 Jayco Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc

dubdub07
Explorer
Explorer
I slept in a motel before I got my coach as the fifth wheel is so much harder to use outside the season. I was stiff for three days and the room was adequate. I had zero down time to relax with all the kids in and out, the dog, the small room...etc. We traded to a DP and now take it everywhere we have to stay for an extended time. Much, much better. King mattress I am used to, my stuff, my house! And I LOVE driving it there. Win, win, win.

WW
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
TOADS: 12 Jeep JKUR Wrangler, 16 Cherokee Trailhawk, 15 Grand Cherokee, 13 RAM 1500 Longhorn (not a toad) American STEEL = American profits
RET USAF MSGT (26yrs) and still DoD ATC.
DW,DS,DD in the MH w/Westley the killer PUG!

road_glide
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
I tell people that I have my camper because I just can't stand to stay in hotels because even the best hotels are dirty.

I tell them that I like sleeping in my own bed because I know who has been in it and what has been done in it.

My sentiments EXACTLY!
2003 Safari Sahara 350HP Cummins ISC Allison 6 speed
Model 3753 - Triple Slide
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 toad

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I tell people that I have my camper because I just can't stand to stay in hotels because even the best hotels are dirty.

I tell them that I like sleeping in my own bed because I know who has been in it and what has been done in it.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

6MISFITZ
Explorer
Explorer
What, no complaints about the continental breakfast or free coffee?
Mom, Dad, 4 kids, 2 Camping Dogs
Express 2500 LS (135"WB) 6.0L, 4.10, G80, PYO wheels, HENSLEY & McKesh
--------------------

MISFITZ

RACING

MFCC

Rallies Attended 4, 7 Un-Rallies

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
A long long time ago I stayed in a "new" but cheap hotel in a college town. The sounds from the next room were "entertaining" if I must say. One comment by the young lady was most interesting "Wonder what my mother would say if she could see me now?!". That glass held tight between your ear and wall really works! 🙂

Best thing about my RV is it is all "MY STUFF".

But, if the camper is a rockin', don't come knockin'!

OCwildlife
Explorer
Explorer
We had the swat team show up, my parents were meeting us there and showed up too! Here they come, up the walk waving and smiling, right between a man hiding with a gun and the swat team!!! Last time we ever stayed at a cheap hotel again! The night before a fight was next door! Crazy!

We got lost in the south once, my husband isn't the type to turn around and go back...needless to say being lost at one in the morning is not a good idea.

Sorry about your bad experience! I hear Ya!

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, it's nice to have your own bed, pillows and linens and basically, everything you need. RVing is the only way to go!!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
road glide wrote:
Americas Best Value Inn Merced California
Another:

"Other than the 3 cockroaches I killed during my 2-night stay, I have no complaints.

This is a cheap roadside motel, so you can't really have high expectations. However, I would expect that there wouldn't be roaches running around the bathroom. It wasn't a big deal to me, but if such things bother you, then be warned."

Road Glide

(I likes my own bed, toilet, carpets, frig, etc.....)

It's a $45 a night hotel in Merced! Those hotels aren't generally there for the traveler. Their rooms are normally occupied through a contract with the welfare department or with Section 8 housing. It actually sounds like a really nice place for the price! 🙂

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Hotels or Motels, there all Nasty places..

The bed covers only gets washed monthly.
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Motel in Florida's eat coast.

Upon check in the desk clerk handed me our towels and the key to make the TV work! I knew right then that this was going to be a long night, and it was.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at a Travel Lodge two blocks from the capitol building in Sacramento Ca and had to step over the homeless people sleeping in the hall in order to leave in the morning.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
The worst place I have ever stayed, filth-wise, was a $349/night hotel in downtown Richmond, VA. It is no longer there, but at the time, the state government always used it for people coming for training.

There was a large print on the carpet right outside my room that I would have sworn was a bloody body print (and yes, I have seen many of them).

So, sometimes it's not the price of the room, but how well it's cared for by whomever has the building leased at the time.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW