cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin discount?

realdeal1003
Explorer
Explorer
Hi guys. I have been looking at the Tiffin Phaeton 36GH and would like to know what the best "percentage wise" one can expect to get off a new unit? Thank You. Louie
21 REPLIES 21

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Executive wrote:
JALLEN4 wrote:
The OP asked a legitimate question and one I asked on this same forum many years ago when I purchased my first motor home. Why people feel compelled to respond with a 50% discount suggestion is beyond my comprehension.

A fifty percent discount on a new current year Tiffin is not a reasonable offer nor would it be reasonable for a new year old unit. As a salesman, I would walk away from a customer that seriously started with those numbers and consider them to be a waste of time.

A good question has been asked and deserves a reasonable response corresponding to real world purchases and or offers to sell from dealers.

A couple months ago, at the GS Rally in Phoenix, the salesman of a 2015 American offered us a 48% discount on their brand new coach...so, sorry to disagree with you but I believe a 50% discount is a good place to start negotiations....BTW, my coach was only a year old and I received a 42% discount out the door....Dennis

NONSENSE. PERIOD! The only way they could offer anything above even a ridiculous 30% off is you were talking trade. NOBODY offers 48% off MSRP unless there is some shenanigans going on at the dealership. They can OFFER 100%, but until the deal is finalized, it will never happen. That salesman has to get it by the Sales manager. I suggest you watch the Movie TinMen, to see what some salesmen will do to get a sale. Doug

kab449
Explorer
Explorer
You can get a MSRP from Tiffin so you know your starting point. Some manufacturers allow dealers to generate their own MSRP which is inflated so they can either show a high discount or steal your trade.
You would do well to get a 30% discount on a Tiffin from a realistic MSRP on their letterhead.
2017 Heartland Bighorn 3160Elite/2017 F250 Lariat Ultimate
2018 Coachmen Galleria 24Q Class B Mercedes Van
Keith & Brenda
Marley the Maltese
Central PA

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
26-29% Especially if you order it to be built for you.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
JALLEN4 wrote:
The OP asked a legitimate question and one I asked on this same forum many years ago when I purchased my first motor home. Why people feel compelled to respond with a 50% discount suggestion is beyond my comprehension.

A fifty percent discount on a new current year Tiffin is not a reasonable offer nor would it be reasonable for a new year old unit. As a salesman, I would walk away from a customer that seriously started with those numbers and consider them to be a waste of time.

A good question has been asked and deserves a reasonable response corresponding to real world purchases and or offers to sell from dealers.

A couple months ago, at the GS Rally in Phoenix, the salesman of a 2015 American offered us a 48% discount on their brand new coach...so, sorry to disagree with you but I believe a 50% discount is a good place to start negotiations....BTW, my coach was only a year old and I received a 42% discount out the door....Dennis

Getting almost a -50% off discount rate on a brand new coach, kinda shoots down that old dealer line of 25% to 30% max. discount, Dennis. :W :B

Skid_Row_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Ozlander wrote:
50% discount is NOT unreasonable if the coach is way overpriced to begin with.
Correct!

Some of the high-end custom coaches have a 50%+ margin built-in, in the first place!

Negotiating is a must especially when buying a new unit.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on your time line to buy, you might want to attend the RV show at Hershey and get prices there. We got a pretty good deal (nope, not that 35%) on a show model and it had options we didn't think we wanted until we started using them.

If you have your heart set on a Tiffin, you could also attend a Tiffin rally. I think there's one coming up in Indiana. People who own SOBs (Some other Brand coaches) can attend if they're interested in purchasing and there's space available.)

15 new coaches were sold at the recent 4-dayTiffin Orlando rally, so I'm thinking people must've been getting pretty good deals there.

And if all else fails, ask Dennis to do your negotiating for you. Sounds like he's a master of the game. (Let me know if you can get us a new Zephyr at 50%, please!)
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

capnqball
Explorer
Explorer
I was seriously looking at a 2014 38 Red last year before deciding on the Newmar. Sherman RV offered the best price at 29% off MSRP. Talk to Karen there but can't offer a contact number just now. Good Luck in your search.

okgc
Explorer
Explorer
realdeal1003 wrote:
Hi guys. I have been looking at the Tiffin Phaeton 36GH and would like to know what the best "percentage wise" one can expect to get off a new unit? Thank You. Louie

To give you a straight answer>
Most "Tiffin" buyers would be quite happy with something close to 25% discount on a new current model instock coach.
Some other brands seem to have quite inflated suggested retail prices resulting in possible inflated discount % after negotiations.

Compare features & prices.
2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 36 QSA with GMC Envoy
Alaska 2015

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
25-30%

11B
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Dennis but FREE is always a good stating point.

Stutch
Explorer
Explorer
Fight for as much as you can, settle for 30% and nothing less.
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4018
Honda CRV
TM

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
JALLEN4 wrote:

We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Rwake901
Explorer
Explorer
We got around 23% off retail when we bought our Allegro. Might have been able to do a little better but we had a trade. Remember your buying a Tiffin.

Ozlander
Explorer
Explorer
50% discount is NOT unreasonable if the coach is way overpriced to begin with.
Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253