cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin or Fleetwood.

TragedyTrousers
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to buy a late model DP. Narrowed search down to a Tiffin Phaeton or Fleetwood Discovery. Pros and Cons for each?
13 REPLIES 13

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
I actually owned a tiffin zephyr for 6 years. I was NOT impressed. I won't go into the issues we had other than the roof leaked. Yes, I got Bob on the phone, yes he said bring it to Red Bay. Yes I paid the bill and it still leaked. Yes I keep all of my coaches inside when not being used. After 6 years of this we sold it whole sale for a huge loss. I would look at condition First on both coaches rather than who built it. Go with the one that is in the best shape now.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

KangaBunnyRoux
Explorer
Explorer
Only problem is Tiffin just sold to Thor. They have a reputation for not really caring about quality. Tiffin truly was a cut above but the sons weren't running it as well as Dad, and he came back...fixed it...then sold. They really listened and you could literally call Bob Tiffin and talk to them. I would look for a pre 2010 Tiffin myself.

Lee_RV
Explorer
Explorer
stripit wrote:
Have now owned 2 Tiffin motorhomes, both were fantastic and have enjoyed the last one the most. Calling for questions is always answered correctly and quickly by Tiffin staff.. When I needed a part that too was handled well. When time comes to upgrade, I will look at what THOR did to Tiffin before making that decision.

If they're smart they wont touch it. Keep in mind Thor owns Airstream (and Entegra), so it can work. If I was CEO I'd simply use Thors volume to get better deals on chassis's and any other shared parts and leave Tiffin alone 100%.

I am pretty sure Thor buying Tiffin was directly because people dumped tons of money into their stock due to covid. Same as Winnebago buying Newmar, same thing.

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Get the one with the floor plan you like with good maintenance records. Tiffin makes a luxury coach, but Phaeton is not it, same goes for Fleetwood and Discovery.
2014 American Eagle

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Have now owned 2 Tiffin motorhomes, both were fantastic and have enjoyed the last one the most. Calling for questions is always answered correctly and quickly by Tiffin staff.. When I needed a part that too was handled well. When time comes to upgrade, I will look at what THOR did to Tiffin before making that decision.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back when I was considering a diesel pusher in the $200-400,000 range, Tiffin was really the cream of the crop. That's not to say a $750,000 coach isn't better, but that wasn't in my price range.
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD

Bruce_Brown
Any chance you'd add a 3rd option? :B
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Condition is more important than the make.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tiffin hands down.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Not a contest Tiffin
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Late model discovery lx have a lot of value / items like aquahot etc at a more discounted price. The ones Iโ€™ve looked checked several of our boxes . Tiffin has the name and a better reputation for fixing whatโ€™s wrong in red bay ( and thatโ€™s good because you may use it)
personally I looked and like the hung wall and other construction factors of Newmar and Entegra better And personally rated them higher than Tiffinโ€™s especially after seeing , in person the manufacture the of tiffin, Newmar and Entegra (we didnโ€™t look at Fleetwood) it has been a few years ago when I was considering a newer coach. Newmar and Entegra were clean and organized and had my vote .. but thatโ€™s not what you asked ??
Bill

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Fleetwood is fine, but Tiffin is in a class of its own.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The name "Fleetwood" says it all.