cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Time to buy tires

jdevans22
Explorer
Explorer
Tires on the coach are 235/ 80r/22.5. What other size will fit. It has Mitchlem now.
10 REPLIES 10

dakdave
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my 235/80/22.5s with 255/70/22.5 Hankooks. great tire,am well satisfied.
Seedometer off by 1.5 mph.Have plenty of clearance between duals loaded. Would buy again.

dave

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
275/70/22.5 will usually replace the 235/80. Certainly did on my previous coach. If you don't feel you have to drink the Michelin Kool Aid, Hancock AH-12's are a very good tire. Not cheap but not as pricey as Michelin.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
capnqball wrote:
Don't feel you need to stay with the Michelins either. There are numerous other brands which will perform as well or better in an applicable size. I went from Michelins to Toyos and was more than totally satisfied. I saved some substantial coin in the process also. Just my $.02.

I agree, Hankook for one is a great tire for an RV.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

USMC46
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my coach used, I wanted to replace all the tires. I consulted with a friend who had just sold all FIVE of his Goodyear stores. His advice, based upon years of selling various brands and monitoring tire failures was " I would not consider any tire except Michelin for a coach. Michelin simply makes a stronger, safer tire and I saw much fewer tire failures". We travel backroads in the mountains a lot. I want to decrease as much as possible the chance of tire failure on one of those narrow curving roads. I am getting ready to put my second set of Michelins on after five years. To me, the extra confidence I get with Michelins, whether real or imagined is worth the extra money.
Jim & Carmel

2016 Escape 17b
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk With Factory Tow Package

capnqball
Explorer
Explorer
Don't feel you need to stay with the Michelins either. There are numerous other brands which will perform as well or better in an applicable size. I went from Michelins to Toyos and was more than totally satisfied. I saved some substantial coin in the process also. Just my $.02.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
I'd worry about the 255-75-R22.5's if they are 1" wider there is a possibility that on the rear the tires would touch each other on the bottom where they squish out slightly under load. You never want the rear dual tires to touch each other, you generate more heat an and increased chance of a blow out due to the rubbing.

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
245/75R22.5
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
goodsam thread on subject
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
I believe most using that size (which I think is now discontinued) are using 255-75-R22.5.

It is nearly an inch wider, but very near the same height.
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
Why do you want a different size?
How much room is left in your wheel wells?
What width are your wheels?
What MH are we even talking about?