Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIRES?

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi everyone! I need to buy 4 tires for my 2003 Newmar 40ft 275 70 22.5
With the prices the way the are does anyone use a off brand they like? I am a fan of toyos but the ones i use to get no one seems to have them. They do have a heavy tread ones the look like mud tires i feel they wont ride good and be nosey? Has anyone ever use the "supermax" HF1-plus 16ply ?
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
11 REPLIES 11

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Got Falken RI 150's a few months (and 2K miles) ago and love them. Swear the ride is better than the Michelins. At half the price. They are part of Sumitomo.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone ever heard of supermax tires? or ever tryed them? they look alot like toyos

Supermax
Supermax HF1-Plus

275/70R22.5
, H (16 Ply)
VIEW ALL 275/70R22.5 TIRES
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Another Toyo Fan here
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not know about Florida but here in Michigan Belle Tire has Toyos.

Now the difference beaten them and the high priced brand (Michelin)

Michelin has longer tread life (In Miles) for OTR semi drivers this is important as they wear 'em down. but for RVers odds of you ever wearing the tread out approach zero as the tires age out first.

Also if you are a member of FMCA they have a discount program for tires with Michelin.. When I re-tried my Class A Toyos were a better deal by about a kilobuck.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

howdy35
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have run the Toyo and liked them. Now running Sumitoma and also like them. Hankook also is used by many RVers so check prices and go for it.

Happy travels. Arnold
1999 National Tradewinds 7370
2014 Honda CR-V--Toad
Fulltime

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
Firestone FS561 Load J 18 ply. higher load rating allows for lower psi resulting in smoother ride. 6000 miles and seem great so far.
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have Advanta av tires? I need the same tires as the OP. My last Hankooks H12's were great and much better than original Goodyears. But they are now 8 years old. Hankooks are tough to find now. My MH calls for an H rated tire which is 16 ply rated. The Advanta tires are J rated which are 18 ply rated. Wear for me is not a big issue as the tread wear is still low by the time they time out. I can get the Advanta for around $350 per tire plus mounting.

Herewego
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago, I replaced the Goodyear tires on our gas Class A with Double Coin tires after quite a bit of research. The Goodyears had the rivering issues and our moho alignment was checked, adjusted if needed, annually.

The Double Coins wore well, rode smooth and performed much better than the Goodyears. They're not well known in the RV industry, but they're very well known in the trucking industry.

The Double Coin tires were about half the price of the Goodyears.
😛
2004 Coachmen Aurora on a FORD V-10 Chassis
2004 Jeep Liberty
Don't take your organs to Heaven. Heaven knows we need them here!

😛

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
My Toyo M144s have been fine.
2014 American Eagle

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
FloridaRosebud wrote:
I use the Toyo M-154 tires and really have been happy.

Al

Glad to hear. Just put them on the front of my Newmar Bay Star Sport. For the 20 mile ride home they felt really good.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Toyo M-154 tires and really have been happy.

Al