cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet overfilling

philandmargo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2000 Tiffin Zephyr diesel pusher. I don't know the product name of the toilet but it appears to be a standard gravity rv toilet. Sometimes (and its becoming more frequent) after flushing the toilet will continue to fill and overflow. I can normally get it to stop by using the foot lever and pushing it down and letting it flip up. Can someone please advise on what the problem is and how to fix. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Fleet Man wrote:
... bad water valve on the back side of the toilet.

X2, if Thetford.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Double check the foot pedal itself and the area around it. We had this issue too and it was the sprayer hose had gotten moved around and was preventing the pedal from fully shutting off even when we lifted the pedal with our foot. Sometimes it's the simplest thing.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try spraying the foot pedal lever with WD-40 and activate it a few times....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
On ours.the problem was a bad water valve on the back side of the toilet. Easy replacement. I installed a ball valve shut off valve from Home Depot in the water supply line to the toilet as an interim fix until I could get the correct replacement part.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Calcium buildup. We had this problem when in a hard water area for a while. Several quick releases of the foot pedal cleared it up.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
If your mechanical it's probably an easy fix. The valve is just getting stuck up for some reason. Could just need to be cleaned out, may need to be replaced. If you're not good with simple plumbing maybe you can find somebody who is to replace it. It doesn't really require an RV shop with a $120 an hour labor rate to fix something like this.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Jones1
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem with my Traveler model 510 had to replace the foot valve. Easy projet. Get one most any RV parts store. You will need brand/model number or take old valve.
Good Luck