cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet Troubles

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 Renegade Villagio has a Dometic Sealand Macerator toilet. Up until last night it flushed fine, this morning no flush. The holding tank is not full, the power to the toilet is active, the macerator pump makes a funny noise and the toilet starts to fill but won't flush. Any suggestions would be very welcome. I was not thrilled with this type of toilet to begin with since I think the more electronic stuff you have the more chance of problems and I'm good with a foot or hand handle to flush a toilet. Has anyone replaced this type of toilet with a basic tedford or something similar? lizzie
4 REPLIES 4

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help. I finally called the Customer Service number listed on the manual. Spoke to a very knowledgeable person who walked me through how to clear a blockage in the macerator line, "should I choose to do so". I think I am going to try it tomorrow. The problem, of course, is the very limited space to work in. If all else fails it will have to go to Camping World where it will sit for weeks. lizzie

ctilsie242
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is that you most likely can't replace the toilet with a normal RV toilet. Most likely, the black tank is located well away from the toilet, so a direct pipe doesn't work. The problem won't be with the tank, but likely the toilet.

The ironic thing is that I was looking at a van build that had a macerator toilet, but the OP is right... the more moving parts, the more likely stuff breaks.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
There is some info here.... perhaps your black tank needs a cleaning? similar problem?
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
See if this helps you choose a replacement.