cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toyo tires

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen a few post on the toyos. I am a fan of toyos but I noticed this new set I have says 125psi cold. But the dealer only put about 95psi? What should I run in them to get the best performance? 2003 DS 42ft Dp
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
8 REPLIES 8

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
The sticker besides the driverโ€™s seat is the psi IF the axle is loaded to its MAXโ€ฆ go weigh and set accordingly. While the OP may weigh close to the max on the front and assuming a tag the 6 on the rear will be less than 100 psi.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
David0725 wrote:
I have seen a few post on the toyos. I am a fan of toyos but I noticed this new set I have says 125psi cold. But the dealer only put about 95psi? What should I run in them to get the best performance? 2003 DS 42ft Dp

Tire pressure.. I am fond of saying there are 3 pressures that are all but guaranteed to be WRONG (Note.. sometimes one of them is right but that is kind of rare)
The pressure on the tire.. Read the FULL SENTENCE not just 125psi Max
It says something like Maximum load of xxxxx pounds at maximum pressure of 125 PSI.. This implies if the rig is lighter on that corner.. The pressure should be as well (TRUTH) thus odds 125 is right are low. but not impossible

The pressure the store puts in is the "Standard" they put in that tire unless you specify otherwise. Thus the odds of it being right. also LOW.

Somewhere in your rv is a sticker.. They make some serious assumptions as to how much you will carry.. Thus the odds of it being right are LOW.

How to find the right pressure

Scale it.. You can go to RVSAfety.com and follow the links and for a fee they come out and weigh all 4 corners and tell you what is right (This is by far the easiest way)

Or you can find a FLAT (not a bridge scale) Segmented scale (Most CAT scales are Bridge scales) park on it so each axle is on a segment by itself get the axle weights.
Then park so only one side gets scaled and get the wheel weights

Some say you should use the same pressure both ends of an axle. I say use the pressure indicated by the load that wheel is carrying

NOTE there are two charts at the Tire Makers you can download
One is for single tires (Like the front)
one for Duals (The rear)
Sometimes that is two columns.

Many (Myself included) like to add5 PSI to the chart.

Hope this helps.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Fulltimers wrote:
When I got my Toyos the installer put 110psi in them without my knowledge. The thing rode like a rock. After I found they were at 110 I checked the Toyo web site and it actually said to use the Michelin inflation chart which stated for my weight I should run 95 front and 85 rear. Rides nice now.

Love my Falkens made by Sumo. Falken told me to use the values on the Motorhome wall (115F; 95R). I'll compare that with the Michelin chart.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Check the placard on the wall under the window next to the drivers side seat. It will detail recommended tire pressures for the front and rear axel's tires. Set your new tires at these until such time that you weigh your coach to determine the manufacturer's recommendations. I highly doubt it will be as high as 125 psi.
2010 Suncruiser

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just about any tire pressure chart for your tire size will provide the pressure required to support your MHโ€™s weight. Use your GAWR to determine pressures until you get actual weights, or pressures displayed in your unit. The numbers on the tire are your last resort pressures and rarely required on a MH.

Best performance and best ride will most likely require different values!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
You need to weigh your rig, then use the tire inflation chart to set the pressure. Use a Toyo one for a Toyo, otherwise until you can have it weighed use the placarded pressures provided by the manufacturer. Last resort is using the max pressure.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
David0725 wrote:

When I am towing my 5th wheel 12K loaded, I run 110lbs. when not towing, i run 75 lbs.

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
When I got my Toyos the installer put 110psi in them without my knowledge. The thing rode like a rock. After I found they were at 110 I checked the Toyo web site and it actually said to use the Michelin inflation chart which stated for my weight I should run 95 front and 85 rear. Rides nice now.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic