cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toyo tires?

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone using the new Toyo Open Country H/T II tires? They are currently on sale at Point S with a savings of about $950 for a set of 6 over the Michelins I have on now. I have been very happy with the Michelins but $950 will buy a lot of gas if the Toyo's are a good tire.
18 REPLIES 18

CapriRacer
Explorer II
Explorer II
MargueritaM wrote:
I am sitting on a Goodyear problem, near Durant, OK. Bought 7 Goodyear SR-A tires for my 31 ft class C and have had not one but TWO of them bubble out the sidewall - one tire with less than 4,000 miles and another with less than 900 miles (the spare)!!! I need advice on replacing these awful tires right now.

Do you mean an indentation? USTMA Service Bulletin: Tire Sidewall Undulations

From the Bulletin: Sidewall indentations are a cosmetic characteristic and will not affect the performance of the tire. If bulges, rather than indentations, appear on the sidewall or if there is any question concerning the sidewall appearance, the tire should be examined by a tire service professional.

So you may or may not have a problem.

CapriRacer

Visit my web site: www.BarrysTireTech.com

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ Presuming they're new ish tires? Have you been denied warranty by GY? Doubt they wouldn't cover it if the spare is bad too.
You didn't buy the "wrong" brand or style. (Presuming you have LT tires and not car tires)
Get em warrantied or just buy a couple new tires, pick your flavor.
Sounds like defective tires. Rare but ____ happens.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

MargueritaM
Explorer
Explorer
I am sitting on a Goodyear problem, near Durant, OK. Bought 7 Goodyear SR-A tires for my 31 ft class C and have had not one but TWO of them bubble out the sidewall - one tire with less than 4,000 miles and another with less than 900 miles (the spare)!!! I need advice on replacing these awful tires right now.
2000 31' Tioga SL
Anchorage, Alaska
My Personal Website

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
^ That's a good choice. Good quality tires.
However with Toyo being a "premium" type brand, like Michelin, Goodyear etc, how on earth could 6 tires be $150/ea cheaper between 2 presumably comparable tires?
Standard class c tire and rim size, most are around $200/ea giver take with the most expensive being $250/ea.
This does not make sense and either someone was trying to overcharge you ALOT for the Michiblows or ??
You're sure you got load range E tires and not P or XL rated tires in the Toyos? That is worth about $100/tire price difference.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Toyo makes a great tire.
They have a large plant in White Georgia.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Tinyandthegang
Explorer
Explorer
Went with the Toyo's and saved $975 over the Michelins.

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ran Toyo M 55 on my Dodge dually hauling a heavy TC. Absolutely loved them. I would love to replace the Michelins on my C with them but Les Schwab is getting away from Toyo. ๐Ÿ˜ž

LS is now using their own branded tires, Open Country, which is not made in the USA or Japan like Toyo. Somewhere in Asia I would expect. But I would not be afraid to use them being backed by the LS phenominal warranty.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had very good luck with Toyo tires. Way better longevity than Michelins.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Toyo M-55 on a truck, and they were great.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about the new Toyos but the old one were as good a Michelin and a lot less money.
Kevin

daireemt
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for Toyos. On our 3rd set of Toyos and have never had a problem. Proper inflation and regular rotating helps of course. Long lasting & quiet riding. (We live on a gravel road, and these tires really stand up to abuse.)
Daireemt--"I thought it would take longer to get old."
Dear Wife of 37.5 years
2004.5 Chevy Duramax
2007 Jayco 28.5 RLS

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
We ran Toyo Open Country on a fleet of light trucks that saw a lot of off highway travel. They were the only tires that would withstand the abuse those clowns handed out, good traction and stable and quiet at highway speeds.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
These posts have those tires in them.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I hear only good reports on Toyo tires.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad