cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSD Diesel Fuel Discount Program

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
There is a new diesel fuel discount program offered by TSD Logistics that gives substantial discounts at EFS locations (Love's, T/A, Flying J, etc). Program details TSD Fuel Discount Program They claim average savings of .20¢ to .40¢ per gallon.

If you're interested you need to download, fill out and submit the Non-Motor Carrier forms from the website. The payment is handled as an ACH transaction through your bank checking account (similar to the RV Plus card but this is processed once per day). TSD's fee for this service is 10% of whatever the savings is. If there is no savings, then the transaction is processed free of charge.

According to a conversation I had with them their best arrangement is with Love's where the savings can be in the .40¢ range, and T/A is in the .20¢ range. Pilot/Flying J is in the .05¢ range so if you have the RV Plus card you're better off using it.

I am receiving daily pricing sheets for Loves, T/A and PFJ. If you're interested in receiving one or more of them just send me a PM with your email address.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
12 REPLIES 12

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
jd620 wrote:
We are traveling today and and stopped in Connecticut for fuel the Pilot price was $3.65 a gallon and the Citgo truck stop right next door was $2.99 a gallon they had the big fuel nozzles and fast flow pumps. It makes no sense to me to pay the higher price. I have a 39 foot MH towing a toad and didn't have any issues getting in or out. I use gas buddy to find the prices.

JD620.....the first thing you did wrong is stop in Connecticut for fuel.....New Jersey and Mass much cheaper than the Gold Coast Connecticut.....you were probably in Milford on I-95 and could have saved some $$'s In Branford @ the T/A....but who knows..having some fun with ya..Safe Travels
P.S. I never fuel up in Connecticut.....C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
I pulled into a Loves in SC checked the HIGH priced diesel, checked Gas Buddy and drove down the street 1/2 mile where I got it for .50 a gallon less at a Kroger grocery. I am around 72ft long including trailer and had no problem getting in and out. Plus the 2% back on the credit card. Most of the truck stops charge 5 to 10 cents more a gallon for using a credit card also. But hey, any you can save go for it.

Just for the heck of it can you tell me the Loves location in SC and I will check the TSD price.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I pulled into a Loves in SC checked the HIGH priced diesel, checked Gas Buddy and drove down the street 1/2 mile where I got it for .50 a gallon less at a Kroger grocery. I am around 72ft long including trailer and had no problem getting in and out. Plus the 2% back on the credit card. Most of the truck stops charge 5 to 10 cents more a gallon for using a credit card also. But hey, any you can save go for it.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. There is a gimmick here, I assure you.

Most independent truckers are using a card similar to this and looking for the best deal as fuel is their #1 expense. There are many cards out there just not many that are interested in the RV industry with our small usage. It is good to have one that is interested!

Comparing price is elusive, I get an additional 5% discount using my credit card so comparing TSD to gas buddy pricing isn't accurate.

I haven't used name brand truck stops since they consolidated and raised their price to gouge small users. I can fit into most fuel stations and I'm 45' dragging a pickup truck. So what if the flow rate is slow, I'm retired and don't care. :B
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't heard from anyone requesting a copy of the price sheets I referenced in my original post, but here's a little more information for those that might be interested.

First of all the card you receive through TSD Logisitics is a EFS fuel card, which is the card that most commercial drivers use. The discount varies by the total amount of monthly fuel purchases. So obviously TSD put this program together to increase their fuel purchases.

TSD purchases the majority of their fuel from Loves so that's where the best discounts are.

The following is pricing from some randomly selected Loves locations (the Gas Buddy pricing is just the lowest I found for each location):

Jacksonville, FL
Loves Reg Price 3.049
TSD Price 2.675
Gross Savings 0.3743
TSD 10% Fee 0.0374
Final Net Price 2.71
Gas Buddy 2.68

Joplin, MO
Loves Reg Price 2.892
TSD Price 2.421
Gross Savings 0.471
TSD 10% Fee 0.0471
Final Net Price 2.47
Gas Buddy 2.45

Memphis, TN
Loves Reg Price 2.949
TSD Price 2.571
Gross Savings 0.378
TSD 10% Fee 0.0378
Final Net Price 2.61
Gas Buddy 2.56

Lodi, CA
Loves Reg Price 3.989
TSD Price 3.435
Gross Savings 0.554
TSD 10% Fee 0.0554
Final Net Price 3.49
Gas Buddy 3.67

jd620
Explorer
Explorer
We are traveling today and and stopped in Connecticut for fuel the Pilot price was $3.65 a gallon and the Citgo truck stop right next door was $2.99 a gallon they had the big fuel nozzles and fast flow pumps. It makes no sense to me to pay the higher price. I have a 39 foot MH towing a toad and didn't have any issues getting in or out. I use gas buddy to find the prices.

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

There is no way any retail fuel station can offer 40 cent a gallon off their retail prices. There isn't that much mark up in fuel. There just plain isn't.

Some will argue that the retail price is artificially priced too high to support that deep a discount. If that were the case, then their only customers would be the discount card holders.

There is a gimmick here, I assure you.
Nope, probably true. I can beat the big truck stop prices by 40 cents just about any time and sometimes up to 60 cents. A simple check with Gas Buddy will verify this.

These big chains want you fueling at their stations as a captive audience so they can charge whatever they want to. I haven't fueled at a big name truck stop in years and we put over 105,000 miles on our 6 year old Tiffin Bus since it was new. The whole thing is a marketing ploy to get you as a customer for these places without you ever looking at their fuel prices. Flying J/Pilot... a 5 cent discount??? What a laugh, as I can beat their price by 40-60 cents any time without any effort at all.
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

timjet
Explorer
Explorer
I talked to a member of our caravan who is a member of this program. He gave me all the info including a copy of the daily list sent to members each day. He likes the program and feels it saves him some money. For me after looking at the daily list I found too few fuelers are part of the program. In my area there were none within 100 miles. When you travel and seek out fuelers that are part of the program it would save some money.
Tampa Bay
'07 American Tradition Cummins ISL
'14 Honda CRV

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Due to the size of my RV and the 200 gallon fuel tank, I use these truck stops exclusively for safety and convenience. Just because a 7-11 has a better price does not mean I can utilize it so I usually pay that higher price. Finding a good fuel discount plan is important.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
jd620, These folks and other firms serve the trucking industry that is constrained to fueling at Truck Stops taking on 150 to 300 gallons at a time. Their clients can not fit into the stations you use, do not want to fuel with a car sized despenser and be cut off at $100 or $150 of fuel. My EFS card is good for up to a $800 purchase at 60 gallons per minute flow rate.

But if you have a Prevost pulling a stacker trailer, you might be interested. Which says, the RV market is a tiny part of their business.

Hope this helps. All the best.
1995 Foretravel U320 40'
Cummins M11 400HP Allison 4060R

jd620
Explorer
Explorer
Those stations prices are usually .20 to .30 cents higher than everyone else anyway. Looks to me like the only one making money on this is TDS.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

There is no way any retail fuel station can offer 40 cent a gallon off their retail prices. There isn't that much mark up in fuel. There just plain isn't.

Some will argue that the retail price is artificially priced too high to support that deep a discount. If that were the case, then their only customers would be the discount card holders.

There is a gimmick here, I assure you.