cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UGGGHHH...........

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
If these rv manufactures would put a trash can and a shop vac inside the unit when they are building them it would save a lot of head aches for everyone.
2016 Thor Chateau 31L, purchased new in June, and this is the 2nd time I had to call Thor about an electrical problem, and each time its due to the trash they leave behind.
This time it was the heater blower motor, it would turn on when you connect the battery, wall control is in the off position.
Called Thor to help diagnose, and I explain to him about the trash they leave behind and already had one problem from it. The Tech tells me to pull the outside cover off to turn the switch off out there, As im pulling the cover I am explaining to him about the trash I find, finish pulling the cover off and there it is, saw dust piled up un the control board, blew it off and works now. Unbelievable.
7 REPLIES 7

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Trash like that is also found inside the walls of tract homes. Those pretty new homes in fancy developments are slapped together just like RV's are.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
I really hate to say this, But I wish some foreign industry would start building RV's in the USA, Force the others to start doing it right or go under.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Too many bean counters running the companies and they can't figure out what monitary value to assign to customer satisfaction.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
icanon wrote:
Does the sticker say "Built with Pride in the USA”? That's the problem no one has pride any more!
Watch out for when it is a good business model for importing foreign RVs. It will be the 80's auto industry all over again, but this time for motor homes. Many motor home manufactures today are as sloppy as the auto industry was in the 70's & 80's.

After getting badly burned buying a 1979 Plymouth Horizon, we bought our first foreign made vehicle, a new 1981 Toyota Corolla which served us for over 17 years. I remember feeling guilty buying it but got over that quickly.

Our 2006 Jeep Liberty continues to disappoint me with odd failures of one kind or another all along the way to it's current 72,000 miles, not many miles for all that has gone wrong with a very well maintained garaged vehicle. Not the case with our garaged 2007 E350 cut-away or our 2014 Altima, though both are newer and not as many miles.

I had a 2007 Solstice GXP for all of about 4 months, selling it last month. It was supposed to be a toy for a while. As pretty as it was, it had numerous design flaws and ergonomic issues galore. It did not impress me one tiny bit, a reminder to me that GM still had some issues in the new millennium.

Watch Out RV industry. You are in danger of blowing it big time.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
Does the sticker say "Built with Pride in the USA”? That's the problem no one has pride any more!
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, and the Tech said the dealership should clean better, No way, it should not leave the manufacture like this. Why should the dealer pull the unit apart and clean up.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Quality is not Job #1 in the RV industry. 😞

Maybe it saves the company money by lowering their trash bill?
Dump it on the customer...