Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Washer Dryer combo

4woodard
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
We are getting ready to buy our first RV, a class a diesel pusher. Can anyone out there tell us if the W/D/combo in a lot of these is good enough to do all your laundry?
Thanks so much!
25 REPLIES 25

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
I have the combo and use it sometimes but doesn't work for large towels or sheets. I would prefer a stackable separate washer and dryer if I had a choice. Clothes do wrinkle, but there are ways to prevent that. Use fabric softener not dryer sheets. Very small loads. Remove clothes promptly and hang. I remove shirts and hang them wet to help with wrinkles. We use laundromats for heavy towels and sheets.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
DW has declared this a success and has now put it on the "must have" list for long term RV'ing. We go anywhere from 3 months to 11 months at a time and not having to go to the laundromat has made her a happier camper. Now, we just have to make sure we stay in one place an extra day or two and have a sewer connection. She doesn't mind spending a whole day doing laundry because she can do it while staying in her pajamas and reading all day!
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
The greatest thing about having a washer/dryer in your RV is no more wasted time at the laundry room! We usually start a load in the morning after breakfast and before we start out work. Come back mid day take them out fold and put away and if necessary start a second load. At least with a combo unit. If you have a stacked pair it means you will have to come back sooner and move wet laundry. Your choice, but either way still beats the alternative. The key to doing laundry in the Splendid units is do not overload, be sure to only get a vented, and take them out as soon as they are finished.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Danby Washer and a drying rack that fits on the back of the 5'ver. Danby offers an 11 gal wash tub so you can do a little bigger load, and also spins most of the water out. My wife loves it! (that being said, she hasn't noticed that I've just placed it but not connected it to the plumbing yet) Yes, loves it! shows it to her friends and talks about no more trips to the laundry mat or hanging around the laundry mat while kids are running around yelling.
She's happy, happy, happy! ( for now)
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
We have the individual stackable Whirlpool w/d which allows us to do more than one thing at a time. :C
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

GabJam
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, it works great, just like the others said small loads only.
11' Monaco Monarch 34SBD

Dan:B, Donna:), Gabrielle (13):R, & Jameson (11):p

Listen to Country Music on-line or on your Smart Phone @ US66Radio.com

Hjudge49
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Splendid combo washer/dryer in our first motorhome, but a stackable whirlpool set in this one. No comparison IMHO.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Splendid 2100 also and love it. I wash everything in it except my king bed spread. Would I buy one again? Absolutely yes.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Other than rugs, we do all our laundry in a vented Splendide 2100. It' a little bigger and the vented ones are not as slow on dry. Taking things out and fluffing after the high speed spin cycle helps on the wrinkles. When our first one died, replacing it was high on the list of thinks the DW had for me.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
We just traded for a coach with a stackable washer/dryer set up. We had always told ourselves that we would not want/need a washer or dryer in a coach. However, the DW has fallen in love with the set up. They are the Splendide Ariston (sp?) units so not as large as your average residential units but they work just fine. The washer spins fast and gets the clothes pretty dry. The dryer is 120V so it takes a bit longer than a 220V home dryer.

DW washed a set of king sheets/pillow cases in the set up and it worked just fine. We were able to do all our laundry, smaller loads than with the w/d in stick home but still better than going to laundromat.

Really big, bulky items like a bedspread or maybe a heavy blanket might still require a trip to the laundromat.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

trop-a-cal
Explorer
Explorer
If you do it at least every two days,three at most. Many use laundry facilities in parks for heavy clothing or large loads, as they can use more than one washer and dryer. Some high end parks have laundry service.