cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well it was a lot of work...

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
But I got half the RV waxed. Still need to do the left side! Whew!!!!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!
21 REPLIES 21

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
I just did mine too. It was a heck of a job. It is worth it.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
olfarmer wrote:
I need to do ours again along with our regular drivers and my 3 antique Chevrolet cars! It starts out fun but turns into work pretty fast! :R

Yes, and a few drinks along the way!

:W :B
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
STBRetired wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
..... I still have the other half to do, and the wifeโ€™s Explorer. Otherwise I would love to wash and wax everyoneโ€™s RV!

Make you a deal. Since you would love to wash and way my RV, I will wash and wax your wife's Explorer for you.

Great! That sounds fair!!!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
..... I still have the other half to do, and the wifeโ€™s Explorer. Otherwise I would love to wash and wax everyoneโ€™s RV!

Make you a deal. Since you would love to wash and way my RV, I will wash and wax your wife's Explorer for you.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
olfarmer wrote:
I need to do ours again along with our regular drivers and my 3 antique Chevrolet cars! It starts out fun but turns into work pretty fast! :R

Yes, and a few drinks along the way!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do ours 2x a year, and it's coming up in a few weeks. Day 1 I wash it, Day 2 I get one side and either the front of back, Day 3 the other side and front or back, which ever one I didn't do on day 2. I also do the fiberglass roof on either day 3 or 2... up there avto I use a spray wax so it only takes a little while.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
DH washes MH , I (DW), chamois dry. I wax it once a year. 33 footer.

Sherry

alexleblanc
Explorer
Explorer
i feel your pain, quite literaly! I washed and Waxed my 5er Saturday and man its a big job, took me 5 hours.
TV - 2017 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7 + 5er - 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311 BHS + B&W Companion
On Order - 2022 F350 CCSB SRW Platinum 6.7

js218
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was $500 including tip took 3 guys 2 days to do it . Rig looks new again.
2017 Haulmark 45' Super C 600hp, 12 speed I shift transmission, tandem drive axles, 3 stage engine brake, towing 26' trailer with an 08 explorer inside.
Jim

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
That's why I get $500 poorer every time the RV needs to be washed and waxed.

Mine is $330 each time ($10 a foot), but he does an awesome job. Looks rubbed out when he's done, and 6 months later it still looks good. However, he's coming today as I got into a swam of lovebugs here in Florida last Monday, and had to use a light scotchbrite pad to get the bug's remains off some of the painted areas in the front. So he's going to rub out the painted ares and rewax. The lovebugs this year have been Epic. I've been in Florida since 1990, and this is the worst year yet.

Al

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yep. have done ours several times. Always so glad when it's done. Takes me about 3 days. Much much easier if you have scaffolding , which I have had once. Easier on the body.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. This thing was kept indoors or undercover because it was really clean and shiny when I got it. I just used Meguiars wax on it. I clay barred the rear because thatโ€™s where all the grime collects. I buffed the front diamond shield because it had some fading. It looks better but there are a lot of imperfections in the material. It will need to be replaced but Iโ€™ll live with it for now.
Sport though guys! I donโ€™t have e time to do your rigs. I still have the other half to do, and the wifeโ€™s Explorer. Otherwise I would love to wash and wax everyoneโ€™s RV!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is