cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

riggarob
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Do you, or someone else here know if the USB port on the DirecTv DVR box, ia able to do the same? Thanx. Robbie

kjburns wrote:
Dish has a USB port that can be used with an external hard drive. They charge $40 to "activate" the external drive service. It's a one time fee. The typical hour long SD show is using about 800mb, so the 1TB external drive should hold almost 1200 hours of SD programming.

Unfortunately, the format seems to be proprietary so you can't just plug the external drive into a computer and transfer shows to the computer. But, the external drive will work with other receivers, so I can put a receiver in the motorhome, attach the hard drive and a pretty vast library of programming.

If I do want to transfer programming to a computer, I use a Hava (similar to Slingbox). Hava has the ability to record and burn to DVD. My wife was in the hospital for 32 days. I transferred shows to a laptop and brought it to her, with a set of headphones. It made the down time a lot more bearable for her.
08 FW Providence 40X
FL-XCS chassis
46"LED,Blu-ray 5.1
Ready Brute tow bar/braking/break away system & wireless light bar
'11 Ford Edge AWD toad
2 Honda 2000s for 30 amp dry camp
&300 watts of solar

Beware of those who point their finger the LOUDEST !

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
Dish has a USB port that can be used with an external hard drive. They charge $40 to "activate" the external drive service. It's a one time fee. The typical hour long SD show is using about 800mb, so the 1TB external drive should hold almost 1200 hours of SD programming.

Unfortunately, the format seems to be proprietary so you can't just plug the external drive into a computer and transfer shows to the computer. But, the external drive will work with other receivers, so I can put a receiver in the motorhome, attach the hard drive and a pretty vast library of programming.

If I do want to transfer programming to a computer, I use a Hava (similar to Slingbox). Hava has the ability to record and burn to DVD. My wife was in the hospital for 32 days. I transferred shows to a laptop and brought it to her, with a set of headphones. It made the down time a lot more bearable for her.
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

riggarob
Explorer
Explorer
Please expound .

kjburns wrote:
I removed a DirecTV receiver and installed a Dish Network receiver. It took a few minutes a works like a champ. My wife *really* likes the external hard drive option on the Dish receiver. She records a lot of shows and was constantly running out of disk space. A 1TB external drive cured that problem.
08 FW Providence 40X
FL-XCS chassis
46"LED,Blu-ray 5.1
Ready Brute tow bar/braking/break away system & wireless light bar
'11 Ford Edge AWD toad
2 Honda 2000s for 30 amp dry camp
&300 watts of solar

Beware of those who point their finger the LOUDEST !

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
I removed a DirecTV receiver and installed a Dish Network receiver. It took a few minutes a works like a champ. My wife *really* likes the external hard drive option on the Dish receiver. She records a lot of shows and was constantly running out of disk space. A 1TB external drive cured that problem.
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer
Took out the frozen food, garbage, wine and dirty laundry. Almost finished un-packing.

Iris

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Filled the tank up ($150...ouch) then drove it down to our home park ($15, FHU, 5*).

Got all of the systems back on-line (after waiting out the long freezing temps here in MN.) DW got everything put away and cleaned. Tonight we go for the $9 Prime Pork special. Tomorrow we take off for the winter...Priceless. :B
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

sneakers145
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from a 2600 mile round trip to Florida. Got gas, added Stabil, dumped, winterized, and cleaned it thoroughly inside. Now it's time to schedule some maintenance - oil change and a few minor repairs. I'm bummed. Can't wait until spring.
Jon

Nights camped in 2010: 0

2000 Fleetwood Bounder 32H
2007 Ford Focus

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
PPCLI-Jim wrote:
I come here and looked at what you guys have doing constantly, I havent been able to do anything more then think about my rig for 8 months. BUT I am finally on my way home from Afghanistan after 8 months of being away,right now I am in Cypress 3 days away from being home and truly looking forward to taking the rig out for camping. Things are finally looking up , it was a long hot dusty time but now I can relax.

Thanks for your service Sir!!!!

Today the batteries get trickle charged and the tires get inspected.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

4gone
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at it, did a quick walk through, heaved a heavy sigh, closed the door and went in the house. Maybe in two week we will be heading out again for the weekend......
2018 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 31G
2010 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Even Brake
Firestone air bags
Blue Ox Alladin tow bar
Hankook Tires

ptighe
Explorer
Explorer
my house microwave died so we heated our dinner in the coach microwave. besides it's better than the one in the house when it was working lol

subtroll
Explorer
Explorer
Started my list of post-travel repairs/maintenance. Just completed a 5 month summer travel 8500 miles through 30 states, both East and West coasts and balloon fiesta in Albuquerque. We'll be ready to go again in January/February.
2004 National Tropi-cal Sterling 396
2003 Jeep Liberty

Tulirose
Explorer
Explorer
PPCLI-Jim wrote:
I come here and looked at what you guys have doing constantly, I havent been able to do anything more then think about my rig for 8 months. BUT I am finally on my way home from Afghanistan after 8 months of being away,right now I am in Cypress 3 days away from being home and truly looking forward to taking the rig out for camping. Things are finally looking up , it was a long hot dusty time but now I can relax.

YAY!!! WELCOME BACK HOME !!!! :B

๐Ÿ™‚ THE KEY TO HAPPINESS IS A BAD MEMORY!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Got screwed by Arnie on my registation.................it went up by over $200. Need to get out of this state!
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

PPCLI-Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Been there, doing that have a few T shirts .

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the MH and waxed the roof. Spent time trying to sort out the disconnect between the insurance company and the DMV. Got a ticket for suspended registration due to lapse of insurance. There was no lapse, but trying to convince the computers at DMV has been a exasperating chore.