cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drove my MH 79 miles today and NOTHING happened! It was an event I recorded in my journal and I hope I will be able to make a similar entry sometime in the near future! :S
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Useroverdrive
Explorer
Explorer
generator repair in the next few days...

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Supco SPP6e hard start capacitors on our two 19 year old Duo-Therm 13.5 Btu/h A/C's. Running our Onan 7KW generator, there's noticeably less of a "grunt" when the A/C's start up now. The start cap that I removed from the rear A/C was cracked and showing signs of corrosion. I suspect that's likely what caused the control board to fail. I replaced that today as well, so we should be set for the summer heat now.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
In the process of installing a 32" flat screen TV in the front overhead today!Still have to fix a roof leak and rebuild the front hood cable handle support that broke!
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

22WANDER
Explorer
Explorer
The ceilings in our rig are very high. Had to strand on foot stool to reach the control knob. We ordered a new Fantastic Fan W/remote control. installed it today. It works great. It was worth the cost.......My next fix is to remove the ADA toilet riser,so we won't need a foot stool to use it! Life is Good!

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Have cleaned the roof,PVC,the window awnings and the tops of the slides and slide toppers over the last couple of weeks and was gonna do the main awning after I got home today from driving the school bus run from H**L,but we got almost 3/4 inch of rain in 1 hour as I was heading home. Mebbee tomorrow. Had the air dryer serviced last week and we found the heater coil wasn't working so that came in and I installed it over the weekend and while being underneath,tightened up the new pipe clamp where the flex goes into the muffler. I had just tighened it last week,but it's still leaking,so I'm going to take it back to the shop that just did the exhaust manifold and the down tubes. Also found where the relay is for the backup lites is and now have backup lites.The other problem was that I had no cruise control and found out where the relay for that is and replaced that also. Thanks to Rhonda at Freightliner help for those two. Those folks are awesome.Gotta remember to pickup some spares.
Starting to load for a week long trip to Florence Or and I'll pick up my 91 y/o aunt in Portland on the way. She wants to do a couple of the lighthouses,The sea lion caves,try sandboarding and ride in a snadrail. She's gonna kill me yet. Last tip out with her in the MH was ziplining.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

toomoxy
Explorer
Explorer
bobphoenix wrote:
Last January, I packed up for a trip to Saint Augustine (only three hours from my home base...)

Well, a local guy said he could give me a 1/4 cord of fire wood for cheap... I loaded it into my empty basement compartment and we headed out for our trip, got there and set up in the rain... But, before the good weather arrived my brother called to say my Mom had taken a turn for the worse! He said it would be a good idea to get back home... (Which I did, post haste!)

Unfortunately, in dealing with my Mom's condondition I forgot about the wood in the basement until our makeup trip, three months later...

I got to our campsite, opened the compartment for the fire wood and I found the space was a mass of spiders and all sorts of other critters... EEK!

I filled the cmpartment with a whole can of Raid and sealed it back up for the day... When we got back to the camp after a day trip, I opened the compartment and started throwing logs on the fire ring and lit it... (BTW, Raid and Kingsford Charcoal lighter fluid will get a log burning with one match...!)

Anyway, I burned nearly all the wood and had a few pieces left... We got back home and I went to empty out the basements and there was a whole lot of fine "sawdust" under the last couple of logs...

I called the Terminex guy and said I need an opinion about what bugs I might have... (I was worried about termites...)

Nope! The man said, "Not termites... They are Powder Post Beetles... They are nasty little buggers that will bore into all sorts of hardwoods and especially hardwood floors and furniture..." He continued...
Ugh!

So, innocently enough, I ask... "How do you treat them...?" He answers... "The only way to get rid of them and their eggs is to fumigate..." "You mean tenting?", I ask. "Yep!" he happily replies... "And, it's $1200.00..."

So, that's what I did to my coach today...
So much for a cheap load of wood...!

OMG thanks for the warning ! Who would think of bugs damaging RVs !

Useroverdrive
Explorer
Explorer
6 new Hankook F-19 tires installed this morning.

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I finished the replacement of the Norcold 1200 LRIM with a Samsung RF 197. A lot more fridge capacity, larger ice maker bin and most importantly, the bride is happy. A win-win for me.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
Opened the awning to dry it out after a couple days of rain.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Scott & Jill wrote:
bobphoenix wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
I had an annoying noise in the front area of our coach. I made her stay in the bedroom, no more noise.

LOL!!! I had the same noise, but when I suggested that, she said it was probably a loose nut behind the steering wheel... :S

LOL!!! it sounds like you had my wife with you..

You do know that your wife reads this?

Talk about not having a big enough MH.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

bobphoenix
Explorer
Explorer
Last January, I packed up for a trip to Saint Augustine (only three hours from my home base...)

Well, a local guy said he could give me a 1/4 cord of fire wood for cheap... I loaded it into my empty basement compartment and we headed out for our trip, got there and set up in the rain... But, before the good weather arrived my brother called to say my Mom had taken a turn for the worse! He said it would be a good idea to get back home... (Which I did, post haste!)

Unfortunately, in dealing with my Mom's condondition I forgot about the wood in the basement until our makeup trip, three months later...

I got to our campsite, opened the compartment for the fire wood and I found the space was a mass of spiders and all sorts of other critters... EEK!

I filled the cmpartment with a whole can of Raid and sealed it back up for the day... When we got back to the camp after a day trip, I opened the compartment and started throwing logs on the fire ring and lit it... (BTW, Raid and Kingsford Charcoal lighter fluid will get a log burning with one match...!)

Anyway, I burned nearly all the wood and had a few pieces left... We got back home and I went to empty out the basements and there was a whole lot of fine "sawdust" under the last couple of logs...

I called the Terminex guy and said I need an opinion about what bugs I might have... (I was worried about termites...)

Nope! The man said, "Not termites... They are Powder Post Beetles... They are nasty little buggers that will bore into all sorts of hardwoods and especially hardwood floors and furniture..." He continued...
Ugh!

So, innocently enough, I ask... "How do you treat them...?" He answers... "The only way to get rid of them and their eggs is to fumigate..." "You mean tenting?", I ask. "Yep!" he happily replies... "And, it's $1200.00..."

So, that's what I did to my coach today...
So much for a cheap load of wood...!
"The ultimate camping trip was the Lewis and Clark expedition."
~ Dave Barry

2000 Coachmen CATALINA MILLENNIUM EDITION, Class A - Gas

Scott___Jill
Explorer
Explorer
bobphoenix wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
I had an annoying noise in the front area of our coach. I made her stay in the bedroom, no more noise.

LOL!!! I had the same noise, but when I suggested that, she said it was probably a loose nut behind the steering wheel... :S

LOL!!! it sounds like you had my wife with you..
1999 Pace Arrow 37s
F53 Triton V10 8 to 9 mpg 6 to 7 with toad

2005 Mazda 3 2.5 26 mpg

bobphoenix
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:

"The ultimate camping trip was the Lewis and Clark expedition."
~ Dave Barry

2000 Coachmen CATALINA MILLENNIUM EDITION, Class A - Gas

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer