cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Got an inverter to run small stuff while dry camping (TV, DirecTV receiver, boombox). The top 'o the propane tank is not a permanent installation. I'm going to mount it in the power cord storage compartment so I can plug right into it. It's 2,000 watts so I can't/won't run the A/C with it, but it will do just about anything else.

As an aside, I couldn't get the dish lined up during my first real test of it out in the field (NASCAR event). Turns out it was lined up, the receiver just needed reauthorized. I need to remember to do that before embarking on my next journey.

Also, if you have a really sharp eye you'll see a new Autometer water temp gauge sitting on the console. A project for another day, but I have to get the cooling system under control. The 454 is running really hot.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

mfitz709
Explorer
Explorer
Tightened screws, got all lights working, and now getting ready to change the oil.
Mike, Judy, & Izzy the spoiled dog.
2005 31'Fleetwood Jamboree

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead, where there is no path and leave a trail." Ralph Waldo Emerson

skrams
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the chassis battery. I hope he connected it right!
2007 Four Winds Hurricane 34B (Ford Chassis) Bunkhouse
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT (5-speed manual)
SMI Stay-In-Play & Blue-Ox Aventa LX

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a burn spot or something on the dinette since we got the bus. The DW tried a furniture repair marker, but the color wasn't quite right, so today I sanded it down and hit it with some stain. After several attempts at color matching, I came to the conclusion that I need to strip the table and refinish it properly.

It's always something.

Edit: The rule of consecutive projects (before any one project can be started, three others must be completed) has taken over. Went to grab the orbital sander and the rubber pad has rotted out. New pad on order....
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have and like the Coleman grill and still haven't rigged my extend a stay. The only complaint I have had is my Coleman tends to be to hot. I am planning on adding a valve in the hose so I can slow it down a little.
O yes what did I do to my coach today? I repositioned it from Eastport Me to Quebec Canada.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Scooped up a Coleman grill and hooked it up to my Extend-a-stay. Works awesome.

Can't wait for the next trip, which isn't scheduled until September. Need to squeeze a couple more in between.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
I put 2 new tires on the rear. Replaced both chassis batteries that were original and died. I also ordered 4 new shocks. Wanted to put Bilstein on but they said they do not make them for a XC-R freightliner chassis. Ordered Sachs that are on it. Thought about Koni but decided they were to expensive.

roxy13019
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up oil analysis from garage, all clear. But now when we put the transmission into drive there is a chime. Sounds like the chime when the jacks are being lowered or retracted, but ran the jacks up and down and still have chime. New puzzle!

late_bloomer
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my cheater valves and flushed out the black tank. Ordered new Kwikee steps from Amazon, plus some detailing supplies. Ready for summer!
I got here as quick as I could.

MrWizard
last week i removed (3) 42 what solar panels
and replaced them with 100w solar panels
net gain 174w

Fathers day i spent measuring voltage and amps and tweaking the controller settings

yesterday and today i rested
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned some more Ground connections, added new information to my AutoCAD drawing of my wiring discoveries. Gulf Stream will not talk to me about the wiring on my coach,I believe they think it is a big government secret and can not divulge any information with out penalty.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Sand Blasted and Painted the Mounting Bracket for the Engine Wiring Harness Plug and cleaned the contacts. Repaired the Ground connection the rear lights in the area also.
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
We finally finished up replacing the sticks house countertop and sink/faucet, so no more lugging dishes out to the rv for washing. Worked out ok, plenty of water and gray tank and not complaining, except for the lugging back and forth. Quartz is nice material for a kitchen counter at home. Sorry to hear about your back!

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
Kidoo wrote:
jolooote wrote:
NOTHING! We had reservations at Bahia Honda St.Pk in the Florida Keys this Saturday for 4 days. Would be our 1st trip pulling our Jeep Toad in the new MoHo. I bent over just to pick up a twig and 'TWANG', something snapped in my lower back. I'm laid up. Cancelled reservations. ๐Ÿ˜ž

How hard is it to get a reservation this time of the year?

over the fourth of July-------nearly impossible; any other time--depends where you want to go,

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
jolooote wrote:
NOTHING! We had reservations at Bahia Honda St.Pk in the Florida Keys this Saturday for 4 days. Would be our 1st trip pulling our Jeep Toad in the new MoHo. I bent over just to pick up a twig and 'TWANG', something snapped in my lower back. I'm laid up. Cancelled reservations. ๐Ÿ˜ž

How hard is it to get a reservation this time of the year?
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.