cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Update: Phoned Velvac Monday morning. They said that they would ship out the correct glass that same day. It arrived here in the Campground in Puerto Vallata midday today! 48 hours! And no charge.

But I haven't opened the box yet! :@

Well I WAS going to install the new mirror glass and backing frame today. The package from Velvac was shipped from Wisconsin to Puerto Vallarta early last week, arrived here Friday evening.

$171.04 USD for expedited shipping and handling it arrived here with an additional 129 pesos (about 16 USD) in brokerage and import duty.

Opened the package this morning to find that they had shipped the wrong glass! They shipped the plastic frame for the large one but shipped the small convex mirror. AND I had e-mailed them this photo showing what I needed! :S

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
Finished repairing a water leak under the sink. Temps got lower than expected and the heater I had inside didn't keep it above freezing. Replaced a frozen filter and a plastic fitting. all is now good to go again as I will be heading out for CA at the end of the week. Will be gone for a month.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
Took mine to a dealer to have it sold. Hopefully it sells quickly. Someone is going to get a heck of a deal. It's in far better shape than it was when I bought it.

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well took advantage of the nice weather 80* to change the oil in the front hubs.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Took our MH over to the dealer to finish up some warranty work. Nothing major. Making plans for a couple projects. Maybe a slide for the big Ice chest, dividers for the medicine cabinet and the drawer in the bathroom. Probably figure out some way of storing my firetongs and a couple other longer items so that they aren't always in a tangle. Have to cut down the jack pads I have so they will fit in a compartment. Just a little too big right now at 20 x 20 , probably make them about 16"-18" square. Still trying to figure out where and how to mount CB. Right now I just want it to be easily removable in case I decide it just isn't worth having. The BIGGIE is a spare tire carrier that allows access to the engine compartment without a big hassle. Saw a plan about a month back, darned if I can find it. It allowed the tire to fold down towards the rear, not the side like Roadmaster's. Looked very interesting and quite doable. Otherwise, just waiting on WARM!!!
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Looking out the window at it in the backyard. Dark and dreary day,temp 35,pouring down rain and dark enuff at 1:30 PM that my outside lights just came on. tried to start it the other day,so that I could go get propane and the batteries were dead and wouldn't take a charge,got new batteries and it still won't start and alarm goes off when hooked up. Called several local propane dealers and only one called back and told me they only had high pressure trucks. Can't get a mobile repair guy till tomorrow. Got to go up and check the systems now that it's warmed up to above freezing.
Oh well, the Seahawks beat Detroit yesterday and that really helps.

On edit; Oh well, the Seahawks lost to Atlanta yesterday, but everything else has worked out. Finally got a tech in to look at the batteries and they were hooked up wrong and are now fixed. The alarm went off and that is fixed now. I started it up and drove it for 20-30 miles on the freeway and then got propane at the local RV dealer. Took 56 gallons, so it was completely empty. Two Propane guys called yesterday, a week after I had called them.
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

Tulirose
Explorer
Explorer
Cleared snow away from it as it sits in our driveway....

๐Ÿ™‚ THE KEY TO HAPPINESS IS A BAD MEMORY!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Got a rare 60-degree December day today so I did some work on the Allegro.

Sealed up a persistent leak where the roof rack attaches to the roof with Dicor tape. Did a few other mounting points that looked sketchy, too.

Replaced the thermostat for the front furnace. The back one failed last year at 31-years of age so that one was due. I like cheap, easy fixes.

Built ramps out of 2 pieces of 2x10x10 treated lumber stacked them 5 high so I have 7.5" of ramp with 8" "steps". Put under my left, rear tires it *almost* has the rig level on my steep lot. It's good side-to-side but slopes to the rear a bit. It's not close enough to fire up the fridge, but definitely close enough for the kids to hang out in there without feeling like they're going to fall out of the thing (we use it as a guest house/hang-out for the kids and their friends).

Put 10 gallons of fuel in it to bring the level up high enough to run my newly-repaired generator off of the main tank rather than a gas can.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
Had some loose linkage on my Kwikee steps so when I investigated it I found a whole lot of worn parts and two broken screws for the motor. Ordered a new one for $85 shipping included. It should be here by Friday.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted a mat to go in the entry area of our MH. Also under the drivers foot area. We had some carpet remnants that we tried, but they were VERY slippery. I was looking for a fairly heavy rubber backed mat, but one that didn't have any words, just a mat. I found a nice mat at Lowe's. Bought half a dozen of them in fact. I carefully made templates so that I could install them in the entry area. What do you think? Easy to pick up to clean, but covers the whole area completely.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Reinstalled my fresh water tank after repairing a leak.

doc_brown
Explorer
Explorer
Had the front cap protectant removed and replaced. After 12 years its was cracking. What an ordeal! Glad I didn't try to do it. Humidifying unit used not a heat gun. Took two workers 7 hrs to remove the film and adhesive. The adhesive was the most time consuming. Took only 4 hrs to install.
Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Putting the slides out and turning on the heat. Got to put the big red bow up on the windshield, we sort-a-kind-a made it our Christmas Present. No one in the family knows we bought it so tomorrow morning just might be a bit of an interesting time.

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Finally fixed the generator. It started misbehaving back in June of this year. It was still running poorly after rebuilding the carb. Hunting, backfiring and stalling under a load. Someone suggested points and condenser. Runs like new now - best since I've owned it.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

malexander
Explorer
Explorer
Checked to make sure the ceramic heaters in the wet bays were still on (no tripped breakers). And checked inside to see that the heaters were still doing their thing.

I try to do this on, at least, a weekly basis. The MH stays parked beside the house, plugged in.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38N 330 Cat DP, 2008 GL1800 Goldwing, Cessna 150 & 172, Rans S6S Coyote, Vans RV9A. Lifetime NRA, EAA, Good Sam member