cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
Recently returned from RT Michigan to BBNP. Great trip, but came back in a snow storm.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Starting to look like spring around here so got started on my todo list on my B. I bought a swivel base for the passenger side seat a couple of months ago on a group buy. Was suppose to be a quick job but wanted a couple of warm days just incase I ran into a problem half way through. Nothing went wrong and it took about an hour. I was not convinced there was really room to work till I actually rotated it. Works great and will give us a much roomer living area. Probably will not bother rotating all the time since we have to move our porta-potty box out from between the seats while rotating, but it is an option now.

Next up is I have a local RV repair place making a small grey water tank (none currently) and a dual battery tray for underneath that they will install when they get them done. Plan to have them replace the original roof fan with a 10 speed MaxxFan while they have it. Getting to old to mess around with some of this stuff. 🙂

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't driven my Jayco B for about a month so I plugged it in to top off the coach battery.

Was such a nice day I finally made the strap and installed it to keep the driver side rear door from opening all the way so the spare tire doesn't hit the taillight lens. Now I need to either find a replacement lens or bite the bullet and buy a pair of the LED replacement assemblies.

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Drove to our Christmas dinner at friends’ home. When we got home, I didn’t want to get out. I could not talk DH into camping overnight at Walmart. He thought it was too cold.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

wohtex
Explorer
Explorer
oops guess I need to redo my profile, the Wildcat and F-250 were traded in on the Class B.

Bill
2017 Sunlight V-1
Ram Promaster Van

wohtex
Explorer
Explorer
Filled up propane tank, started loading some items. December 24 is not only Christmas eve but our 55th anniversary so we are going to spend it and Christmas day in our B on top of a small mountain enjoying the solitude.:B

Bill
2017 Sunlight V-1
Ram Promaster Van

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
Did my annual propane leak check. I put a pressure guage in the line, close the valve at the tank and wait for 10 min. Doesn't drop, good to go.
Dave 04 Excel TD

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
^ Very cool. How about starting up a thread to tell us how you function - where do you park, how do you keep warm, do you drive it to work, do you get enough exercise?

As far as what I did yesterday...
I didn't sleep in ours, but I did visit it and sit on the bed for a bit.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

pasadenaray
Explorer
Explorer
slept in it overnight as I do 365 days a year. I live fulltime out of mine and love it. Full-time van-dweller 7 plus years including Roadtrek since October 2015.

Ray
Annapolis Md U.S.A

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks. Sold my Roadtrek 190 V. The sleeping accommodations were not working out. Looking for a Roadtrek Popular, about the year 2000 or older, milage 100,000 or less, in good condition for $10,000 or less. Will be adjustible.

Heapie

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
Yesterday, I ran the rooftop air for about 2 hours as it had not ran for a year. It did great and cooled well.

Also took it to a mechanic down the road to have the driver side power window checked.

He is also investigating why the dash air is not cooling.

Fingers crossed!

Glad that I read this. I forgot to do this. Not sure that it has ever been run. Thanks!
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
yizit wrote:
Last week we winterized our "Roada" :(, but today....we took it to our local state park and did some hiking. Living in Wisconsin when you have a nice day like today, you just gotta get out and do something fun. We just love having our RT to come back to after a long walk.

Know what you mean. Loved the idea that we can just hop in and drive away into the sunshine. We won’t be getting much more of that stuff till next year.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Trekkar wrote:
Just replaced tires..... Ouch!

Dreading this. We are thinking about getting studs for our van so we can use is in the winter. Anyone else do this?
2017 Coachmen Galleria

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed in the B during the day on Thursday because the heat was down in our apartment. Any excuse for a day in the van. (Temp 7 when we got up the AM). Yesterday took off to see some mountains. Today, probably the same. This one is so much fun do drive.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got back to doing mods on our Bee. Pulled the back out of the overhead cabinet I repurposed a while back and added an LED light and switch this afternoon. I'll connecte up the wiring and run wires from the same area behind the side cabinets for an additional usb charging port back by the beds.

Did 1000 mile trip with 4 nights in the Bee back the middle of October and all the changes so far worked out well. Did need the two above additions. Also wondering if a Sportsmobile swivel seat base will work to make the passenger bucket rotate. Would be nice to have an extra usable seat when camped.