cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
fullmoonoversalem wrote:
... The Truma heater works really well.
It takes a lot to impress me anymore but the Truma really does what it says. Having electric central heat and hot water makes a huge difference on our trips south when the temps are in the 20’s. Having the propane backup in case we “get caught on the road” is a plus.

Dave

Dave,

I used the B to sleep over at a friends in 9 degree weather. There were a few cold drafts, but the truma is a champ. And quiet. It uses to little propane too.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
fullmoonoversalem wrote:
... The Truma heater works really well.
It takes a lot to impress me anymore but the Truma really does what it says. Having electric central heat and hot water makes a huge difference on our trips south when the temps are in the 20’s. Having the propane backup in case we “get caught on the road” is a plus.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the night in the B, or some of it. DH snoring and I did not want to wake him when I went to bed at 3 AM. The Truma heater works really well.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

pasadenaray
Explorer
Explorer
picked my Roadtrek after a week in the shop, trying to identify the mysterious noise from front end. Everything is tight and within specs. Remains a mystery for now.
After that I waxed van with minute wax, quick, easy and does a nice job.
Did some minor house cleaning,re adjusted the rubber seal around top front middle window. The sun dries these out and they shrink pulling the seal out from corners. Easy fix.

Ray
Annapolis Md

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Regretfully winter is setting in and we are using our B less. I still like to go out and visit with him - the Galleria is definitely a guy, too many little problems and issues.

I have been taking my afternoon naps and sitting out there to read and relax. I find it a comfortable space in which to relax.

We took it for a drive today to check out the areas near us where the wildfire erupted last June. We were away and missed most of the problems associated with the fire and were saddened to see the devastation to the forests.

Tomorrow I clean - and I do mean clean. Got to get the travel dust out of the corners.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Had to replace the flame indicator on the fridge.

Last trip it didn't work when starting it on propane for our drive home. Thought there was something wrong with the ignitor or something. Had to wait to get home to take the whole back of the fridge apart to see that the flame actually did light.

To replace that thing it looks like you're supposed to take the fridge out to get to the wiring connections on top of it. Cut the wires and soldered them instead. Works great!

Oh - and since we were going to cut the wires - might as well get the cheaper Norcold flame indicator (with different connectors) instead of the twice as much Dometic.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Drove my van to work all of last week. It did great and a good conversation piece with my co-workers.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We replaced the black tank valve because it was leaking. Oh man - what a job! :E

I had replaced the gray tank valve on our trailer a couple years ago - that was a total piece of cake compared to this...

href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and waxed it. Must say it still looks like new. 🙂

We're in the middle of our fall trip season - got it a little messy when it rained on our way to MD. Gotta start the next trip with a clean buggy!

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
I had to charge the battery, it had set for a week with no action so I charged it up and got it ready to go camping.
John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my 'nagagator'! She tells me where to go.
Enjoying our 2006 Roadtrek Adventurs RS

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful day here and it's been 9 weeks since we last took out our coach, so we gave it a run to the east end of the island and exercised the generator. The good news is that after having a check engine EGR code reset it did not return. While we were out we put a tarp on the floor and used the van to pick up a peach and apple tree for the garden. I also did a recall task by adding extra brackets to the floor of the cabinet over the cab.

Dave

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
Discovered on our last trip that the overhead cabinet doors have screws that go all the way through. The way they were discovered was we decided to roll a days worth of clothes up and stuff a weeks worth in the overheads so we could just pull out everything to get dressed in the morning. I think the first day my shirt got snagged on a screw. Got through the rest of the week with no more rips by being extra careful. The idea worked well accept for the exposed sharp pointed obstacles. So now I have thin strips of wood above each cabinet to use up the extra screw length. Can't imagine why I never noticed the screws before.

Second project was a dripping Shurflow faucet when running. Didn't look repairable so was planning to replace. In doing a search online I found that Shurflow has a online chat service for repairs. After I posted the model number and that it was leaking at one of the joints and wondered if it was repairable, they asked a bunch of dumb questions like when did I service the hoses and what RV I had, I finally got forwarded to someone to answer my question as soon as I gave them my credit card number, I left. Found a comment in one of the reviews of the product that there was an o-ring in the joint that was leaking that you could get to by pulling harder. Figured worse case it would break and I would have to replace it. Came apart and I found replacement o-rings at Lowe's 10 for $2.50 that with a little silicon grease fixed the drip. Maybe just the grease would have fixed it.

The rest of my B projects for now are longer term but I hope to get to before our next long trip but are only niceties, not priorities.

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Can’t beat a “MacGyver” fix. 😛

Dave

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
Shake down went wonderful. Everything in '11' worked great....there was one problem on the way home it,rained and the drivers side windshield wiper worked fine going up but when going down the wiper blade would jump and not wipe the rain off. After getting home we discovered the arm was bent just enough to cause the blade to jump and not wipe the rain off. A couple Cresent wrenches is all it took to bend the wiper arm back to where it was supposed to be and now just waiting for the next rain shower.

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
We are getting our New to US Roadtrek ready for a shake down 3 day camp out to make sure everything works so when we head to RI, MA, NH, ME and some of VT trip. This will be our first trip in a 22 foot MH. Wife says it drives like a Pick-up.