cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
Good point Ron! ๐Ÿ™‚

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Ripsnort wrote:
golfch1x wrote:
Cleaned the roof on my Jayco Melbourne...hasn't been this white since i brought MelB home...
Now for the bad news...no one will ever see that nice white roof, except the police helicopter if you're speeding. ๐Ÿ™‚
A white roof is a cool roof, great for hot summer camping.

cduff
Explorer
Explorer
After work I'll be pressure washing the exterior to get ready for our trip this weekend.

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
golfch1x wrote:
May be 4th of July weekend , but the RV is at home getting ready for a trip later this month. Cleaned the roof on my Jayco Melbourne and have to say SIMPLE GREEN works GREAT cleaning a vinyl roof! WoW, hasn't been this white since i brought MelB home!!! Took about 1.5 hours . Had my co pilot on the ground keeping the sides wet and streak free. For vinyl roofs can't think of anything that would clean easier or better than Simple Green! I sound like a commercial! Just a happy camper!

Now for the bad news...no one will ever see that nice white roof, except the police helicopter if you're speeding. ๐Ÿ™‚

JesseJ1826
Explorer
Explorer
Went and got emmission test done. $79 - ouch.
Now have to take all the paperwork to the licence office and renew the plates for another year. $74 - ouch again. And the Vue as well.
Another $74. It never stops.
J J

2001 Four Winds Chateau 31N E450 V10
2006 Saturn Vue V6 AWD, drivetrain by Honda, body by Tupperware
Aventa II, Brake Buddy

jrdr653
Explorer
Explorer
Bought new door window frame and will be putting in this weekend. Hotter than blazes here, need to get to the wood up north.
98 Tioga 22E Ford V-10 22,000 Miles, Wife, myself and our dog.
We are enjoying our 27 years of life together.....

Capt_Storm
Explorer
Explorer
woodworker414 wrote:
We bought the C used, well from the factory there wasn't any compartment door hold opens on the gen door, the door where the valves are for the holding tanks streetside, on the curbside a compartment just back of the entrance door has a bracket for the awning and the door would stick out to far for the regular hold opens to work, they are to short, same problem on the streetside, the gen door hits the door for the power cord, the valve door hits the city water hook up door and the end of the furnace, well today I installed hold opens that are normally used to hold open the entrance door. Problem solved. It was a real pain to change oil on the gen, I only changed it once getting ready to change it again. Same with the valve door, trying to pull valves open and close was a pain, and the one on the curbside, is where I store all my patio do daaaaass. Things will be a lot easier.
Bill

All the bottom doors on my rv have those little holders..except the lp tank door...what were they thinking.:h

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
We bought the C used, well from the factory there wasn't any compartment door hold opens on the gen door, the door where the valves are for the holding tanks streetside, on the curbside a compartment just back of the entrance door has a bracket for the awning and the door would stick out to far for the regular hold opens to work, they are to short, same problem on the streetside, the gen door hits the door for the power cord, the valve door hits the city water hook up door and the end of the furnace, well today I installed hold opens that are normally used to hold open the entrance door. Problem solved. It was a real pain to change oil on the gen, I only changed it once getting ready to change it again. Same with the valve door, trying to pull valves open and close was a pain, and the one on the curbside, is where I store all my patio do daaaaass. Things will be a lot easier.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

skimask
Explorer
Explorer
Well, tomorrow ended up coming a week too late, but...
- Double/Triple checked everything, electrical, fuel, oil, tranny, and so on...
Turned the key for the first time since tearing a bunch of stuff apart...
And it fired right up!
And the A/C, which is original, 34 years old, hasn't been converted over to R-134a, and hasn't been run in I don't know how many years, worked like a champ and started blowing cold air within about 30 seconds after turning it on.
Some days are freekin' amazing!

JDG

Pokey2
Explorer
Explorer
Used the genny to power my main fridge and the freezer during a 3-hour power outage. I realize that, if kept closed, both appliances would have done OK without power. However, I wanted to test my emergency wiring, etc. Everything is A-OK.

Winniecouple
Explorer
Explorer
took her out with the family, to the lake, towing the boat.
ran the genny on the way down to run the air, AND our 12v power converter finally WOKE UP and worked perfectly all weekend... so i couldnt be happier.
A/C was FREEZING cold, bed was COZY, everything was perfect for our 4th of July weekend.
Finally hit 29,000 miles.
Winniecouple
1982 20' Minnie Winnie
29,212 miles

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Spent 3 hours trying to figure out why the toad running lights would not work when connected to the motorhome. After dismantling the rear compartment of the toad, it turns out it was the "stupid" $.02 pin in the receptacle connector that wasn't making contact...ugh!!!
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
The door latch was getting pretty hard to operate so I took it off the door, found the problem, fixed it and put it back on the door. Works fine now. ๐Ÿ™‚
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

golfch1x
Explorer
Explorer
May be 4th of July weekend , but the RV is at home getting ready for a trip later this month. Cleaned the roof on my Jayco Melbourne and have to say SIMPLE GREEN works GREAT cleaning a vinyl roof! WoW, hasn't been this white since i brought MelB home!!! Took about 1.5 hours . Had my co pilot on the ground keeping the sides wet and streak free. For vinyl roofs can't think of anything that would clean easier or better than Simple Green! I sound like a commercial! Just a happy camper!
Golfchix

jrdr653
Explorer
Explorer
Actually this weekend went to Rock Crossings CC which is located in the Blue Ridge Reservoir in Arizona
98 Tioga 22E Ford V-10 22,000 Miles, Wife, myself and our dog.
We are enjoying our 27 years of life together.....