cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
Since our last trip, the strings that support our sunshades just don't hold them up any longer. So the wife took them down and made new curtains that keep the sunlight out and look a lot better than plastic shades.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Today I scrubbed the rubber roof. Used a spray bottle of a Camco product and the green scrubbie side of a sponge. Did small areas at a time and rinsed with lots of water. It easily removed the oxidation and made the roof look way better.

I did a search on what should be my next step, but there were so many conflicting opinions (no surprise) that I just ended up giving it a liberal application of 303 protectant.

Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

rbsmith6
Explorer
Explorer
Still at the dealers getting BU camera fixed Friday we leave for DC for the Glen Beck thing.

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
I found a little wasp nest in my Propane tank bay. Needless to say, I sprayed the little buggers for a fare-thee-well. The bay is open to the ground and I sure wish I could enmesh it someway to keep 'em out. They'd probably get in there anyway.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Was puttin in a new memory foam mattress in the cab over and turned on the fan-tastic fan and then noticed that the reverse switch did not work. Proceeded to tear into that, then forgot how the connection were. Well 30 min later got that figured out and noticed both screws were missing from the manual dome opener, fixed that too. Now back to the memory foam. Had to cut it a bit and used my electric knife and worked perfect. Can't wait till the next trip coming up.

Happy and Safe camping, Robert
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
I changed the oil in the V10 and also in the generator.

Yesterday, I installed a Fantastic Fan up front and put a FanMate over that fan and also over the noisy fan in back over the bathroom. Now I can leave the vents open with or without the fans running to help cool down the interior while the coach is parked along side the house. It's hot here in AZ.

Eric
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got the new sensors in the holding tanks at a level that will show a more true reading of what the level is, the orginal location was way to low,tank wasn't even half full.
Eaay fix.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a water valve assemply kit for my thetford am iv toilet and put it on. THis fixed my water leak that I discovered on our last trip.

Happy and Safe Camping, Robert
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
cachearoo wrote:
Had the tranny rebuilt on Weds...1200 miles from home.

What make, year and mileage?

cachearoo
Explorer
Explorer
Had the tranny rebuilt on Weds...1200 miles from home.

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
To darn hot to work out side now, suppose to be cooler next week, then I will install the new sensors in the 2 holding tanks, stopped at Lowes the other day and picked up the supplies, should be and easy install.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Westronics, I would say that those temps are acceptable.
Bill
Brenda and Bill

Westronics
Explorer
Explorer
rgrcpa wrote:
Just had a replacement Norcold three way refer installed. Took only one hour. The freezer stopped freezing stuff and the lower section went to over 60 degrees in the old unit. Diagnosis reported that the ammonia in the "tank" behind the refer unit had almost run out. I didn't know this took place. The old refer must have been only nine years old. Rather costly replacement at $1,400, no? Just another thing no one teaches you when you become a new RV owner.

BTW, can anyone suggest an optimum temperature for the freezer and the lower food compartment? I'm sitting in Colorado at over 5,000 feet.

Fridge: 35 - 38 degrees Fahrenheit
Freezer: 0 degrees Fahrenheit

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Just had a replacement Norcold three way refer installed. Took only one hour. The freezer stopped freezing stuff and the lower section went to over 60 degrees in the old unit. Diagnosis reported that the ammonia in the "tank" behind the refer unit had almost run out. I didn't know this took place. The old refer must have been only nine years old. Rather costly replacement at $1,400, no? Just another thing no one teaches you when you become a new RV owner.

BTW, can anyone suggest an optimum temperature for the freezer and the lower food compartment? I'm sitting in Colorado at over 5,000 feet.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
The kids borrowed the C to go to the lake for the week, the son-in-law said that after just 2days the tanks needed to be empty. Only 4 people on board, should not need to be empty that soon.We got to looking really close at things. One of the sensors was dirty turned on the flush, took care of that. The tanks go all the way across the chassis, they are a L shape, with the L secton hanging down into the compartment where the dump vavles are, in looking closely we saw that the 1/3 sensor is only 1" off the bottom of the L. the 2/3 full is part of the prpblem its located just a little below of the long leg of the L, so it is not reading any of the contents in the tank part that goes across the chassis, so it really only reads about 10 gal. The full sensor is about 4-5 inches from the top of the tank. So the fix will be two new senosrs, moving the 2/3 wire up to the full sensor and then install a new sensor for the full spot at least 2-3" higher. Both black and gray water have this problem. This should fix the wrong readings on the guage. Sensors are nothing but a stainless steel bolt,phillips head, witha piece of rubber hose about 1" longer followed by a large rubber washer, followed by a fender washer then a nut, when tighting the nut it cause the hose to expand and fill up the hole so there isn't any leak. Then put wire on and another nut, done.
Bill
Brenda and Bill