cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

gearhead143
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled cover off, and looks pretty good after setting all winter. Replace the coach batteries they were five years old and not keeping up with the demands any more.

Sanitized water tank and system, cleaned water heater tank, and tested LP system for leaks with manometer. Next weekend a bath and chassis services.

First trip is to Lava Lake Oregon with my son May 14 for five days of fishing and relaxing.
2004 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 27P
1973 StarCraft 18ft Holiday
2013 Toyota Highlander
1997 Dakota 4X4 392 cid SC Small block

BobK53
Explorer
Explorer
Duck wrote:
BobK53 wrote:
Replaced almost all interior lights with LEDs. On one puck light on the ceiling I could not get the cover lens removed so I still have one incandescent light.
BobK

I had one like that, not sure the same as yours, that I could not budge. I pulled down on the fixture, watch out for the spring loaded clips that hold it in place, and was able to get a better grip on the cover. You can also buy the whole LED fixture fairly cheap.
Don

In my case you have to remove the cover/lens to get to the led bracket. Not sure if I can just pull down on the cover/lens to remove the whole fixture. Guess I can remove the cover on a different fixture to see how it is attached to the ceiling.
BobK
Bob Keeland and Joy Young
Arnaudville,Louisiana
2011 Jayco Grethawk 31FK

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see - wireless eBay backup camera wired up and working; fished wires for an additional voltmeter for house battery.

Pulled down the bathroom door (OMG, what a chore) to yank off wrinkled faux Oak contact paper. Found nylon screw replacements for bottom of the door. Arguing w/ DW whether to slap on new faux Oak contact paper or if she'll let me use some of my real QS Oak veneer. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fashioned a furnace filter for the inlet. (Note, this was a DW request. I'm not sure just how pragmatic the filter will be).

Removed some peeling logos. Removed the "1.800.GO.FREEDOM" advertisement from the back.

Whew - busy day.

mrgarlic
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Woodworker. 99% of the time, when blinkers go fast, there is a bulb out. ---- what are TL's_____

Big_Redneck
Explorer
Explorer
I want to replace all my bulbs with LED bulbs also Now to find them that are not junk. My MH is a 95 and in mint shape kept inside the garage when not in use. Just put all new tires and exhaust front to rear. It a diesel no converter to fool with. Its very good on fuel around 14 most of the time.
We don't travel as much as we use to. I guess we are getting old.I want to go out west one more time.

Just_Jeff
Explorer
Explorer
BobK53 wrote:
Just Jeff wrote:
Bob - In my Greyhawk 29KS, even that outlet was disabled while the engine was cranked. Useless.

Huumm, guess I never tried to turn the tv on while the engine was running. I have had to run the engine when the coach battery was low. Needed the engine running in order to start the genset.
BobK

My son wanted to watch TV sometimes when we were driving, but it would disable the outlet. That meant we had NO 120v outlets if we were driving, which is why I said it was useless.

I installed a separate inverter wired to underneath the dinette so we could charge computers or plug in his TV while driving.
2013 Jayco Greyhawk 29KS (31.5') - details at http://www.rv.tothewoods.net/

Duck
Explorer
Explorer
BobK53 wrote:
Replaced almost all interior lights with LEDs. On one puck light on the ceiling I could not get the cover lens removed so I still have one incandescent light.
BobK

I had one like that, not sure the same as yours, that I could not budge. I pulled down on the fixture, watch out for the spring loaded clips that hold it in place, and was able to get a better grip on the cover. You can also buy the whole LED fixture fairly cheap.
Don
08-FORD F350 PSD
13 Bighorn 3055RL {For Sale}

BobK53
Explorer
Explorer
BobK
Arnaudville,Louisiana
2011 Jayco Grethawk 31FK

BobK53
Explorer
Explorer
Just Jeff wrote:
Bob - In my Greyhawk 29KS, even that outlet was disabled while the engine was cranked. Useless.

Huumm, guess I never tried to turn the tv on while the engine was running. I have had to run the engine when the coach battery was low. Needed the engine running in order to start the genset.
BobK
Arnaudville,Louisiana
2011 Jayco Grethawk 31FK

toymaker10
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Weather Tech rock and bug deflector on my Chevy 4500 Forester

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
Brought her home and immediately took out the old CRT television and replaced it with a 32inch led TV and put a second one in the bedroom. Just getting rid of that old tv probably got rid of 50 pounds!
Proud father of a US Marine

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Hi OFDPOS. When I rplaced the TL's, the turn signals flash really fast. The parts house said I needed a heavey duty turn signal element. Put that in and still fast. But. when the toad is hooked up, normal flasn. So I have just left it like that. No biggie.
Besides the coach will be replaced probably with in a year.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Woodworker414 ,
Yeah the previous owner thought all you do is pay up front (purchase price ) then its suppose to look and keep clean like it was when he bought it.

He showed me the paperwork for what he paid for it in 2010?.
He paid $32K (ouch), he was asking $25K I wound up paying him $14K for it.
I just walked around it with him and showed him all the stuff he had neglected to take care of or even do normal maintenance on !
In the whole time he had it , he said he had never been on the roof and was asking me why I was climbing up on the roof when I was first looking at?

The very basics he had done , oil changes, filters etc, and on Gen as well.
He had the receipts on those. But the places took him for what they could get too !
The bones of the MH was/is in good shape, it just needed a thorough cleaning buffing/polishing wax outside , along with cleaning up all the sealant stuff that had oozed out around everything and was all crusty/black.
And the inside cleaned from top to bottom.
Carpet cleaned, new mattress for the corner bed , check and tighten up all loose screws etc on everything !

When we test drove it it had so many rattles etc , now that I've gone through and found alot of loose and or missing screws etc and tightened and replace things.
Even just by putting those small little bumpers on the inside of the cabinets has quieted alot of rattles. ๐Ÿ™‚
By replacing the tires all the way around and new shocks front and rear , that alone did alot to quiet down the rattles ! lol

Its coming along nice.

I was told by a few that if you only replace the rear tail-lites /turnsignal combos with LEDs and leave the front ones alone it will work fine , but if you do both , you have to put in a resister or ? so the TS's will work ?

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
OFDPOS, you certainly have been busy. I replaced my rear taillights a couple of years ago with LED's. What difference.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Last time replaced all the inside 1141 bulbs with LEDs 18 in all got them off ebay for $33. for 20.
This go around I've started to replace all the outside running lights with LEDs put in a rear view camera in the middle rear light so replaced the other 4 up top with the LED kit, found them online for $3.39 each. CW and most other places wanted $7.99 to 10.99 each.
So far replaced the 4 up top on rear and rear side markers (red)
All 5 up front top (amber).
I also cleaned up around the light housings and put a fresh bead of silicon around them !
Next will be the rear brake/turnsignals lights with LEDs