cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does this go to - A/C edition

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
So I was working on my Coleman Mach15 AC, taping up the divider between the return and the cold air side (whatever that is called). As I was working on the return side (where it sucks the coach air in) I pulled my hand down and my watch band caught a white wire that went up into the unit, pulling it right out. DOH!

The end of this white wire has what appears to be a thermal sensor. I looked up into the AC and it looked like the wire was maybe plugged into an area in the center of the metal fins, so I plugged it into a random hole in the middle area of the metal fins. Ran the air and all seemed to work.

Question, did I plug the white wire with the thermal sensor in the correct spot? I was trying to find it online and could not seem to find it.

Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245
4 REPLIES 4

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
See PG 10 Item #7 for correct location/installation of freeze sensor

Coleman Mach Freeze Sensor

Thanks all! and thank you Old Biscuit, I could not find a manual online for the life of me.
Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
See PG 10 Item #7 for correct location/installation of freeze sensor

Coleman Mach Freeze Sensor
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

2_many_2
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dutch_12078 wrote:
That's the frost sensor that tells the control board to turn off the compressor if it detects icing conditions. As soon as the temperature rises enough, the compressor will operate normally. Where you put it is fine...

X2, When I installed my last air conditioner, that is exactly how it worked.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
That's the frost sensor that tells the control board to turn off the compressor if it detects icing conditions. As soon as the temperature rises enough, the compressor will operate normally. Where you put it is fine...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate