cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of shocks scale 1-10

bumpus4
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a (well -wife just bought it) Dynamax DX3 nice coach but was wondering how to make a softer ride up front.

Would you rate your after market shocks for me.ie: scale1-10 with 10 being best. such as Monroe---- 6
I'll tally the results and let you know . This will be just the shocks you put on your rv (RVs) and how you rate them.

thanks bumpus4
5 REPLIES 5

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
These Koni FSD shocks are probably about the best available for motorhomes. As I understand it, many part numbers are available for Class A motorhomes and Super C motorhomes. Koni also recently introduced FSD model part numbers for Class C motorhomes built on the Ford E350 and E450 chassis:

http://www.koni.com/btt/technology/fsd-for-busses/
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
Bilstein. Safe travels.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Usually, aftermarket shocks are installed to firm up the ride. Best thing to do is weight the front and rear axles and set the tire pressure appropriately for the load as specified in the tire manufacturer's load/pressure chart.

USARMYCW
Explorer
Explorer
Monroe. 10

snowdance
Explorer
Explorer
Went thru the same thing. Our ride roads are a mess and the ride was so rough and a bit hard to control.
We did the following. Went down and got a real weight on front and rear. Changed tire pressures to fit weight. Many tire companys list proper tire pressure for weight load on tire. Go by those not what the builder or tire says. Our front end was light so now fill water tank that is forward. Empty holding tanks at are in rear. Reloaded rig so more weight forward. Got another real weight on each tire then changed tire pressures again. Then went to Monroe shocks. Rides great. But no one thing did the trick. Took all of them. It now handles very well.
Snowdance

We spent most of our money traveling... Just wasted the rest..

Chevy 7.4 Vortex
2000 Jamboree 23b Rear Kitchen

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snowdance38