cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's it look like under there?

Lic_s_Mom
Explorer
Explorer
Because I want to stow my stuff in the most balanced way possible and because I'm given to making "home improvements" I'd like to know where the fresh water tank is located. I can see the black & gray tanks when I get down on all fours and look under, but not the fresh. I'm pretty sure I could still get under the vehicle for a look, but because of my age, I'm equally sure I would never get back out! I could also probably have my mechanic snap a pix next time I get an oil change, but I'm packing for a cross-country, 2-month trip right now, so I would like to have the into now. I have a 2018 Coachmen Freelander Micro. Does anyone have a diagram of the underside of this little gem that you are willing to share with me?
12 REPLIES 12

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
My forester has it under the rear queen bed, there is a small access panel on the bed base, allowing access to the water filter, pump, tank drain valve and viewing the tank.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

BillHoughton
Explorer II
Explorer II
In our 2007 Itasca Navion, the fresh water tank is in the kitchen cabinet, down under the stovetop and the deep pots-and-pans drawer that's right below the stovetop.

Draining it's a bit of a pain - you have to remove the lowest kitchen drawer, just to its right, to reach the ball valve for the drain. I keep meaning to cut in a door in the cabinet face, but that's low on the maintenance list.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
ndrorder wrote:
The gravity fill port on the outside is also a good indicator. The tank will likely be inside the coach on the other side of the wall from the gravity fill.

x2.

Locate your water pump while your at it. Fill port, tank and pump are probably in the same general area.

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Our Coachman Leprechaun 260 has the tank under the bed,
which is in the rear.
You can’t see it, but the drain is just above the axle
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

lane_hog
Explorer II
Explorer II
Follow the sound of your water pump... it should be next to the fresh tank.

Ours is above the floor and under the bed at the rear of the coach.
  • 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Both my Class C rv's had the fresh water tank under the dinette seats.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ndrorder
Explorer
Explorer
The gravity fill port on the outside is also a good indicator. The tank will likely be inside the coach on the other side of the wall from the gravity fill.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
If built to typical standards........

Your fresh water tank will be inside your rig, very close to where you fill it from the outside.

The fresh water tank and all plumbing is inside to protect from freezing. If they freeze, they will leak. It is the owner's responsibility to keep the interior warm during freezing temperatures. When not using the rig, all fresh water, waste water and sewage, must be drained. Sink and shower drain traps require pink RV anti-freeze.

Some RV manufactures are better than others at protecting the plumbing from freezing. Not all RVs are created equal.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
As all the others said, most likely it's inside the RV. Could be under a couch, dinette seat, bed, cabinet....
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

retiredcamper20
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a definitive answer for you however, I would think that if you know where the fresh water drain valve is, the tank itself is nearby. At least you'd be in the general area I assume. On my Class C (Thor) the fresh water drain valve is on the outside of the motorhome near the bedroom closet area. Pulling a drawer out of closet area reveals the fresh water tank on my unit. I hope this helps.

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lic's Mom,

I don't know anything about your specific motorhome, but I do believe there are some Class C's which have the freshwater tank inside the living area of the RV. Places that come to mind are in a dinette bench or under the bed.

Is there a model number for your Freelander Micro? Location might depend upon the specific model as well.

Hopefully someone can chime in with a bit more helpful info than I. 🙂

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
It might be inside - Our fresh tank in a Winnebago was under the bed
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)