cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is EVERYONE??

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I cannot believe with all the Class B's on the road and all the ones being built that this forum is so dead. I stop in every couple of days and nothing. A real shame as forums like the Truck camper section are so active and have so much great information.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
48 REPLIES 48

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Black'95 wrote:
I like your high top. I,originally, kept with the low top because that is the only kind that would fit in my heated garage. But now that we have moved to the big city and I have found a heated storage garage for my camper van and Corvette, I finally have the overhead space to store it. I may have to look into converting mine to a high top too. It would be really nice to be able to stand up in it. Not sure how my roof rack, water storage tube, and NAPA awning would fit on a high top though. Keep posting pictures because I love to see what others have done, especially to GM vans.

Had to add a high top because of my bad back and it make a difference even for the short standing area.
The high top is a molded fiberglass ( like a fiberglass boat ) I have a Casita trailer and it's molded fiberglass and it has a awing on it with no problems at all. I don't know how it will handle your roof rack and water storage tube, you would have to check with the manufacture for that.
I will post pictures when I finish the build and that might be sometime in the summer as I have other things to get done first, but will still beable to go camping .

Good to see you posting . Jay
J herb

Black95
Explorer
Explorer
I like your high top. I,originally, kept with the low top because that is the only kind that would fit in my heated garage. But now that we have moved to the big city and I have found a heated storage garage for my camper van and Corvette, I finally have the overhead space to store it. I may have to look into converting mine to a high top too. It would be really nice to be able to stand up in it. Not sure how my roof rack, water storage tube, and NAPA awning would fit on a high top though. Keep posting pictures because I love to see what others have done, especially to GM vans.

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
austinjenna wrote:
Nice job!

Thank You for the nice words.
J herb

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job!

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
OP here, an update on my new high top rebuild I am about 90% done with the rebuild, here are some pictures.

high top with maxx fan, front top storage area & cabinet

rear top storage area & cabinet

pocket storage on rear back door one on each side

looking from rear to front across the bed, lower cabinet
on each side.
J herb

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
cptqueeg wrote:
Got out to the hot springs w the wife in our recently acquired van. It was very pleasant near 70F, few campers, and no issues. Pretty good for a late March trip in Central Idaho.

cptqueeg, what van did you get? how about some pictures.
70f in Idaho is great time to be camping, been to Idaho several time and always love it.
J herb

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
omjones wrote:
Looks great... you'll love being able to stand up in it.
john 'I am Canadian'

I all ready love standing up in it, started my rebuild and it's easier to do the work standing up.

It's been a long time since we have been to Canada and hope to go in
J herb

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got out to the hot springs w the wife in our recently acquired van. It was very pleasant near 70F, few campers, and no issues. Pretty good for a late March trip in Central Idaho.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

sask66
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2019 CrossFit and being in Minnesota itโ€™s been in a storage garage this winter. Iโ€™m able to get it out for exercise when the weather permits, run the generator, etc. Iโ€™ve never had a problem with the carefree awning but have had two recalls on it and visited the dealer just last week. Iโ€™m not sure what they did but hopefully the defect is corrected. Anyone have problems with their awning? Iโ€™m itching to do some traveling soon. Itโ€™s a Ford 350HD transit and I do enjoy cruising in it.

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
I haven't checked into the forum for a long time.
Just getting my 99 Road Trek ready for a trip to VA for a storytelling festival.
I too have a mouse problem, have sealed every hole I can find but they still find there way in somewhere. My wife advised me to try spraying a mixture of Tea Tree oil and water around the tires and under the RT. I may as well try it, none of the other remedies have seamed to work.

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I managed to get my last Falls list of problems checked off earlier this week. A couple of lights that stoped working (bad connection). Faucet switch failed, bought a new faucet set but old one magically started working and I could not get it to fail, so new one is on shelf for now. Dropped a couple of panels and vacuumed out a bunch of mouse leavings and torn up insulation and TP, I have plugged all the holes I can find with steel wool but will look some more just in case. Only flushing out antifreeze and reinstalling porta-potty before first outing.

Almost forgot topped up the gas tank before the prices hit $4/Gal.

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Omjones, We finally got the ice out from around Fred (the camper) and took him out for a sit in the sun across the Cook Inlet from the volacnoes. They were gloriously clear and white in the sunshine. We love the part of our trip outside AK to the east coast where we go through Canada.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great... you'll love being able to stand up in it.
john 'I am Canadian'

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Got back from Tualatin Oregon with my new high top installed and we
sure like it, started the rebuild out and can't wait to get out
and use it.

J herb

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
HI everyone,
well today Iam here in Tualatin Oregon to have my new high top installed on my van, they said that they will have it for 2 days.
We will stay in a motel ๐Ÿ˜ž and go play tourist away from the big city.
When we get back home I will post a new picture of the new high top
and the new rebuild as I do it.
J herb