cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to store sewage hose on a class A

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
On truck campers and class C R V's you have the bumper to store the hose in there is not a bumper on most class A motorhomes they are built into the body. So where do you store the sewer hose I was thinking about a 6 foot piece of P V C and putting screwable caps on each end 6 foot would allow for at least 3 sections of hose and that could be attached with several methods in one of the bays pipe strapping then screwed down a small screw inside on each end since there is not much weight involved but how do you store your hose?
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low
19 REPLIES 19

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
It depends on the motor home. On the Damon I drive there is a very steep Cut to the tail (the part past the rear axle or the last two storage compartments) so I strapped a 7" square fence post a 6" PVC pipe and a 4" pipe under the frame the 7" is at the far rear and the others forward from there) the two larger ones stow hoses sadly the 4" turned out to be too small so it stores "Rod stock" items (Like fish poles)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Here is mine

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
Your plan would work. Some folks attach the PVC under the RV with the opening right at the drain access. Some Class A's have room inside the drain bin. Some store in a plastic container along with all the connections you'll be accumulating.
X-2 mines in a 6โ€™ PVC pipe with both ends that have screw fittings and I store it in my storage compartment!

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Ours stays connected all the time and has a valve on the end so I just close it, push the hose in the bay and the end sets in a pocket. I love this system as I never have to touch a fitting. I don't know if you have room for that or not.

2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a wet storage compartment on my MH and I prefer 2 10 ft collapsible hoses. For quite a few years I just threw them on the bottom on the compartment and kept getting holes in the hoses. I came to the conclusion that you cannot pile other items on top of the hose without doing damage to the hose. I measured the compartment and the requirements for my 2 hoses. I then went out a bought a Tupperware type plastic storage box with a lid that fit my compartment and requirements for my sewer hose. It now is protected from punctures.

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
We have two 4' PVC pipes fastened to our bay door. Each has a fixed cap on one end and a removable cap on the other end. Wes store two 8' hoses in them.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
You maybe could install a mascerator pump which would discharge through a small diameter hose, if that would fit.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We keep our several sewer hoses and fittings in two plastic tubs with lids in a bay next to our "wet" bay.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
My Dynasty came with a sewer hose door with 3' of PVC pipe BUT it was too short to store a long hose. I was able to add 5' of PVC pipe as there was nothing in the way in front of my rear axle. I also had room to put 8' of PVC fence post beside my propane tank but it is near the front axle. On a previous MH it had the same door/short PVC pipe BUT there was not room to add on to it. By cutting the pipe off near the door and putting a 90 degree sweep there was room to add 6' PVC pipe running towards the back of the MH.

You can buy the sewer hose door ($15) and mount it in the side of your MH so the pipe you add to it is above the bottom of the MH and high enough to not worry about it being knocked off.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
The Safaris have a sewer hose storage pipe above the propane tank, but it's next to worthless because it only take the hose (no fittings) and will only take a 10 foot hose. I use that to store my coiled air hose. The slinkies, the fittings, donuts and caps go into a tote in the basement.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
My previous 36 DP coach had a built in 4" PVC pipe and on our new Class B I wanted the same. I found a place for could put 6 feet of 4" PVC hanging under the bed back over a wheel well. Works perfectly but a warning that while the stock sewer PVC fittings work, I needed to use a Dremmel to route slots into the very end to allow the ears of the hose connector to slide in deep enough so I could screw on the end cap.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

devildog1971
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the replys I Have a 02 Monaco it has a wet bay but not a big enough space to store the sewer hose as far as underneath the motorhome the ground clearance is not that great and I would be apprehensive to have anything hanging underneath the idea of placing a holder of some sorts where the propane tank is located, I am going to check that for clearance. the previous owner kept it in a plastic tote that does not seem to be the best way to stow it. I am the second owner and wanted to make several short trips to iron out any bugs, the DW wants to strike out for Oregon right away, so I have to get all this sorted out quickly if she prevails, I am sure I will have plenty more things to sort out either way, luckily a fiend owns a trucking company and they have their own shop and they are going to help me replace the steering tires a t a good price, the other four are 3 years old. I dread that which could come up on a trip that long so far, new batteries caulking all over, the tires a battery isolator and I am sure the list will grow either before we leave in March or I hope not on the road.
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCDSE Dry Bath 2007 G M C dually crew cab and 2018 Harley Davidson Limited Low

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
On my coach the propane tank is in a semi open bay behind an exterior access door. I purchased a sewer hose tube with screw on lid from Camping World and mounted it inside the propane tank storage area. Works great since that door is right next to the wet bay on my coach.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
5 inch plastic fence post works well under frame behind rear wheels. Makes enough room for connections plus plastic rain gutter it sets in. Can use the rain gutter under the hose to make a run to the sewer. Held to the frame rails with hose clamps.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH