cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why Go To RV Shows?

oneolddog
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious if there was something that I am missing as I'd like to know why people attend RV shows? The shows put on up in the Vancouver area have all the major brands represented but they basically all come from only two different dealerships. They charge something like $8.00 to get in and there are huge line-ups just to get into the building. Huge crowds so you have to wait to enter rigs etc.

Why not just wait a week and show up at the dealerships one Monday morning? No one in site and you can tour the same rigs that were at the show for free. The sales people usually grab you a free coffee to boot.

Drew
2009 Allegro Bus 36QSP (Sold March 2011)
35 REPLIES 35

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
This coming weekend here in upstate NY we have 2 dealer shows to go to... both free admission, both will have the "latest and greatest" to see.... better than watching the temperature thru the window........next week we will be going to the Tampa RV SuperShow... mostly to see the vendors for the "toys" and accessories.....and to remind us why we love our National Tradewinds!!!!
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
To see what the latest Technology is on RV's.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I enjoy RV shows because when I get home after going and feeling like a poor man, I see my old Toyota, Bounder, and KZ trailer and grow very content. Plus we get a free bag of brochures. And they have a fishing pond for the kids.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
oneolddog wrote:
Just curious if there was something that I am missing as I'd like to know why people attend RV shows? The shows put on up in the Vancouver area have all the major brands represented but they basically all come from only two different dealerships. They charge something like $8.00 to get in and there are huge line-ups just to get into the building. Huge crowds so you have to wait to enter rigs etc.

Why not just wait a week and show up at the dealerships one Monday morning? No one in site and you can tour the same rigs that were at the show for free. The sales people usually grab you a free coffee to boot.

Drew

They are fun, and gets us out of the house for an afternoon. Glad you dont like em, just one less old grumpy fart thats not in my way
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

dezolen
Explorer
Explorer
To see all the brands at one place. Sure beats driving all over the country to see all the brands at various dealers. $8.00 is a bargain
We go to about 3 a year because we enjoy looking and it's a day out. Sure get lots of exercise.

Cougarnewbie
Explorer
Explorer
edsland wrote:
We go to the Rosemont rv show near Chicago. It's so big no lines except for Airstream, I go up and down so many stairs my knees are sore but it's fun. Plus it's in February when there isn't much going on rv wise in the northern states. ??
X2
May All Your On Ramps be Downhill

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
oneolddog wrote:

Drew

I have been to quite a few RV shows that have an admission to get in, and none have been what you described. I would not pay to go see what you have described here.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Most go to RV shows because they don't live near PPL Motorhomes in Houston....:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
We like to go and see what new gadgets are available!

robertbenita
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy the shows. Walking around and seeing the new RV's and the tents with new do-dads. And if I was looking to buy it would be great to see the variety of models to choose from in one place.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Why not? A good show will have tons of RV's, new stuff etc. If you are halfway as obsessed about RV's as I am it's heaven.
2013 ACE 29.2

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Which rv show is sponsored by manufacturers? Last time we went, Tampa, it seems all Rv's there were associated with local dealers versus the manufactures displaying their new products.

No waiting lines like the OP, except for the Newell.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
During January there are a lot of RV's on display in Quartzite, and it doesn't cost anything in fact some offer free pancake breakfast!:)

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I don't go to RV Shows! I'm not interested in them.