cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield rubber gasket issue

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I just noticed today the outside rubber gasket going around the front windshield is loose at the top, just above the driver location. It's loose for about 10", the rest is attached fine.

Is there a sealant appropriate to re-attach just that section back to the window? The coach is 4 years old.
5 REPLIES 5

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
The gasket is likely torn. The real issue is, is water getting in ? Even if it is just in the track for the windshield it will cause rust.

It happened on my Ford E-series. I worked with a body shop and glass company. They pulled the windshield, cleaned up the rust, primed and painted it. The next day they installed the new seal.

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
The best thing to do would be to stop at a auto glass place and let them look at it, they would have the sealant available to repair it on the spot. My guess is that is is a cemented on window and the t fills in the space between the window and body gap. They will probably place sealant in the gap and then press the t back into the groove. You should not use any silicone products on it as a temp fix. Good Luck. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have it check at a Glass business who does windshields. They will have the right answer.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Fleetwood Expedition. No idea windshield type, one piece. It's a T type for lack of more knowledge gasket / molding. The center portion is suppose to fit in the channel just above the glass. The glass looks like it's seating on a seal or glue.

This gasket or molding probably isn't the seal for the glass itself, but more of a trim piece?

Nevertheless I don't what it coming off going down the freeway. It fits snug against the window but it can be pulled up with my fingers. I noticed it cleaning the window by bumping it.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of coach, what kind of windshield? Not all outside rubbers are gaskets.