cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windshield Wiper Arms and Blades

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
We're getting ready to head out for our summer sojourn and one of the items is to improve the wipers.

The wipers have a tendency to lift off the windshield while driving at speed and in a bad storm with heavy wind they can lift off completely and just sort of stir the air....very annoying. They work perfect when sitting still.

I have new correct blades and even spring thing to enhance downward force but the problem persists.

What are the best arms and blades that one can buy? I don't mind throwing $$$ at the problem as long as I get commensurate results.

Thanks for any help.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad
5 REPLIES 5

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtr49 wrote:
What are the best arms and blades that one can buy? I don't mind throwing $$$ at the problem as long as I get commensurate results.

Try these folks: http://www.amequipment.com/
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
There were airfoils on our Mh when we got it, on the arm where the wiper fits into. Dealer replaced them with old standard design. Can't find anything like them.
We have the same problem, of them lifting and bouncing at speed or wind.
It can't be good for the life of them or the motors.
I'm going to have to ask at a truck stop about the clips. Our wipers are at the top, of the windshield and tough to just change the wiper blades.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
bigB42 wrote:
i found the solution at a truck stop,metal clips-springs that slip on the arms and hold them tight to window.i can't remember the name

As I mentioned, I have these installed already.

As for wipers with an airfoil, I've seen them for cars and truck but never on ones that would fit my MH.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Try a wiper with an air-foil profile. This can be most "frame-less" wipers, or some conventional-framed wipers have an airfoil on top. I'm currently running BOSCH icon wipers. The Rain-X frameless wipers I had last time were great too but so far I'm getting a more life with the BOSCH wipers.

Also, frameless wipers don't build up snow and ice, which is the main reason I use that style.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

bigB42
Explorer
Explorer
i found the solution at a truck stop,metal clips-springs that slip on the arms and hold them tight to window.i can't remember the name
ken