cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago ERA 70A Drain Valve Location

S_K_
Explorer
Explorer
In preparation for winterizing my new 2016 ERA 70A, I have been reading up the Winnebago factory operation manuals. While everything seems pretty easy to follow, one thing that puzzles me is that I am unable to locate two of the waterline drain valves (four total) that are described in the manual as located "beneath bed cabinet (driver side). Remove top panel to access".

The manual also described that the hot water tank bypass valve could be found in the same location "beneath bed cabinet (driver side), accessble by removing the top panel". When I followed the instructions and removed the top panel beneath the bed cabinet, I did see the hot water tank with the bypass valve there but could not find any drain valves.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks!
2010 Jayco Eagle SuperLite 298RLS
2010 Silverado 2500HD LT, Duramax, CCSB, 4x4
ProPride 3P-1000
2016 Winnebago ERA 70A
4 REPLIES 4

geneowens1
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 2016 70A also. does anyone know if it has a water filter. I assume a cartridge type. I looked and could not locate one. I did find the two valves at the very back of the drivers side under the bed at the floor. anyone know what those do or are for. I turned them but am not sure why? I bypassed the hot water heater. I don't know if I got the pink stuff into all plumbing? It came out of all faucets. kitchen sink cold and hot; bath lavatory cold and hot; shower c and h; commode; outside wash/shower c and h; and outside below the chassis/under the running board cold and hot; I drained the hot water heater and wet vacuumed any remaining water in the hot water tank;
We may get to 32 tonight in upstate SC so I want to be sure I have it done properly. Thanks for any advice.

knobhill24
Explorer
Explorer
They are there back as far as you can get right at the floor I have winterized mine last year without draining them with out a problem.

Jerry
2015 ERA 70A

S_K_
Explorer
Explorer
ClearCreekRanch wrote:
I don't think they exist. I have the 70A and asked at the service dept. and they said there were none. The other 2 drain the tank fine. There are a couple of FB groups that have ERA in the name and have been helpful for these kinds of questions.

Thanks for the help! That was my suspecion but couldn't be sure. I will check out the FB groups when I get a chance.
2010 Jayco Eagle SuperLite 298RLS
2010 Silverado 2500HD LT, Duramax, CCSB, 4x4
ProPride 3P-1000
2016 Winnebago ERA 70A

ClearCreekRanch
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think they exist. I have the 70A and asked at the service dept. and they said there were none. The other 2 drain the tank fine. There are a couple of FB groups that have ERA in the name and have been helpful for these kinds of questions.