cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnegago View and Navion reviews Likes or problems

Silvergray49
Explorer
Explorer
I need some reviews on the View/Navion. I am thinking about upgrading and I take all reviews into consideration. I do most of my camping in State Parks or National Parks. Sometimes boondocking. How well does the View maneuver in city situations? My current C is a little wide for street parking.
4 REPLIES 4

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
You can also get opinions from a Sprinter forum, as there are a few folks here that are pretty fixed on their not-so-favorable opinions of the Sprinter. Personally, I have had both (big E and Sprinter) and will stay with the View until death do us part (unless I change my mind).

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
our LTV sprinter is getting old its a small C ,we,ve had A,s TT,TC ,and this sprinter ,won,t ever go back, we drive it any where we want. just don,t be stupid and pull into a boxed in lot. take it right down to the beach at roosevelt lake in AZ . no problem. nothing better than camping alone for days at a time.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Our Navion handles well in city/on freeways. It does do a little more "curb roll" than I'd like and am considering adding some suspension parts to see if it helps. Sumo Springs fore and aft.
Other than that, no real issues with driving and handling.
Parking may be easy or difficult. All depends on where you want to park, like any other vehicle. I've parked it in average width parking spaces at shopping malls, but the length usually requires taking up two adjacent end to end spaces. Never tried parallel parking it. It seems to fit everywhere else including in between most standard gas stations pump islands, but again, length is usually the issue. Have to pay attention to exiting same, as the length will affect turn radius which is good, but can be problematic in smaller stations. I always watch for the "tail slap" as we exit anywhere.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

road-runner
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you questions apply to any Sprinter-based class C. They are all effectively the same size. The size and maneuverability are a definite plus in the national park campgrounds that often have small sites and tight roads. in a city they'll go anywhere a typical UPS or similar small truck will go, which is just about anywhere. The only difficulty I've had is sometimes with parking because the motorhome won't fit into a single car-sized space. For parallel parking it needs 2 spaces, and in a typical parking lot row, 4 spaces (2 wide + 2 long). It's obviously wider than a car, so parallel parking on a narrow street is iffy. A really small parking lot won't work, and there's sometimes the risk of going into a parking lot and not being able to turn around. Dimensions-wise, the Sprinter based class Cs are generally 6 inches narrower than those on a Ford or Chevy chassis. To go narrower you'd need to look at a class B.
2009 Fleetwood Icon