Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winterizing question - 2000 Four Winds Hurricane 34K

lakedawgs
Explorer
Explorer
HI,

I posted about this last month but I have had a better look a the RV.

A buddy passed away a few of months ago. I am helping his wife put their RV down for the winter. I am on my 4th travel trailer so I am familiar with winterizing.

They have a 2000 Four Winds Hurricane 34K. To start I cannot find the low water drains under the camper, I have been all over the bottom of this rig! I am also a bit confused on how to properly winterize this thing. I plan to blow it out with air but want to add some antifreeze to be safe.

I have posted a couple of pics of the hatch next to the water fill ports on the outside and a pic inside the hatch of what appears to be the water pump. The white vertical hose, I have been told, that I can hook a hose up to this and drop in a container of antifreeze. Not sure how to hook this up to a hose, the end of the white vertical hose does not fit a garden hose, is there a special fitting? Links to a couple of pics of the access hatch and white vertical hose below.

Any info/tips are appreciated.

Thanks much!
lakedawgs

Access hatch
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMlDy2hAjeszjTOo1BGK8F2ZmBo-up6D/view?usp=sharing

White vertical hose
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kHRE4AjFLMF0j21wY5uPmirRop8S3J4a/view?usp=sharing
2000 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4X4
2018 Forest River - Salem - 200RK
4 REPLIES 4

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same end connection on my hurricane, I have added a threaded connector to make a male connection vs a female connection. You can then attach a hose and stick in the antifreeze jug

gvisnic
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 hurricane and the low point drain is the outside shower. I just lay it on the ground and open the hot and cold faucets

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Photo One
Photo Two
Yes that could be an anti-freeze suction hose. Looks to have a backflow protector.
Low point drains should be visible somewhere close to the pump. Some rigs just have pipes sticking down with valves in compartment to drain system.
I would suggest blowing the system out with air compressor.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
at my pump theres a valve and a section of hose.turn the valve ,put hose in bottle of anti, turn by pass valve on hot water tank first. then I open the far valve first. theres lot of ways. to do this winter stuff.I use battery tenders on coach and cab.there be more help coming.