cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Your opinion of this older M/H

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
What is your opinion of this older coach.
Price? equipment? We realize that the electronics will be out of date but are we forgetting?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/rvd/4317430571.html
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
19 REPLIES 19

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
mtrumpet wrote:
I a really nice looking coach for sure. But, you know, I'll probably get slammed for bringing this up, but In looking at the description, one of the first things that jumped out at me was 47,000 miles on a 1997 model year coach. I have to wonder how much this rig "sat" during the past 16 years? Maybe not a big deal, but just sayin'...

The other thing I thought of was it may have been a FT'er or snowbirder rig. In that case then it could be very well used on all the edges, but the pictures are just showing the big picture.

Depending on the age of the owners has a lot to do with the state a FT or PT rig is in. Definitely worth a closer look to see what you really have there.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
I a really nice looking coach for sure. But, you know, I'll probably get slammed for bringing this up, but In looking at the description, one of the first things that jumped out at me was 47,000 miles on a 1997 model year coach. I have to wonder how much this rig "sat" during the past 16 years? Maybe not a big deal, but just sayin'...
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
That is one nice looking coach. Looks well cared for. The tires alone are worth 4K
if they are somewhat new, (less than 2 years) Maybe have the oil and trans fluid analyzed. Make the deal "subject to" the analysis.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with it being over priced. It's a 97, $60K is about $20K too high. The fridge looks original.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Looks over priced and not to sure about 450hp. I had a class C LondoAire that was awesome. I sold it locally 15 years ago and I still see it around.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Took a guess at the model but here is the NADA clicky.

IMHO, 1 slide units are getting harder to sell, just like no slides were a few years back.

Looks like a very nice coach. Good luck.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

Linthead
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice looking coach.
Linthead
2007 American Coach Tradition 42V
2008 Hummer H3

ldm468
Explorer
Explorer
According to the Newmar 1997 brochure for the Londonaire, it is a Spartan K2 chassis with a 400 HP engine. Of coarse, the build specifications may have changed since the brochure was published to provide the 450 HP as stated the the ad.
Len
Oakville ON
1985 Blue Bird Wanderlodge PT40

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Should be a Sparten Chassis and appears to be a MID engine chassis. It also appears that the front overhead has been modified with a flat screen type TV. Newmar did not install Flat screens in 1997, do not even believe they were available in 1997. The Winegard Sat will not be operational if original from 1997. Looks extremely clean, but I would like to verify the history for the past 17 years. 1997 was the first year of the flat front cap for the Londonaire. Mileage on the tires means nothing. It is the AGE of the tires. Doug

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Check CCC. That coach with that drive train is HEAVY, and that is a non-tag axle 40'.

Could even have an overweight axle right from the factory.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Check the tire dates. Ad says less than 2000 on tires, but it has only averaged 2700 or so miles (which is very low) per year so the tires might be aging. I would have a diesel person check it out very carefully since it might have just been sitting up for a good portion of the time. Just a heads up.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Wow thats a lot of RV for the money and it sure didn't strike me as being older.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Are Chassis parts available?

Look hard for water damage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.