cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blueberry Muffins

bhh
Explorer
Explorer
Got one of Alton Brown's books and made these yesterday. Definitely a keeper! SO says it's the best she's ever had.

Blueberry muffin recipe

The book, which is apparently later, has a couple of alterations.
- Bake at a constant 350F for 25-28 minutes. No need to rotate if your oven has good circulation.
- After adding batter to muffin pan, let it rest for 3 minutes for the baking powder to get a start on leavening process.

I also recommend that you use a scrap towel or paper towel. Mine got a lot of stains from the berries. I'll probably use a wire rack next time. Getting them out right away helps the moisture escape from the bottom of the muffin.
4 REPLIES 4

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks NYCgrrl!
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Link doesn't open for me?
Maybe it's not the link. I can't connect with FN at all.....

Here you go(hopefully)

Alton Brown's Blueberry Breakfast Muffin wrote:

Ingredients

12 1/2 ounces cake flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
Heavy pinch salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup yogurt
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
Vegetable spray, for the muffin tins

Directions

Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.

In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.

In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, oil, egg and yogurt. Add the dry ingredients reserving 1 tablespoon of the dry ingredients and toss with the blueberries. Stir mixture for a count of 10. Add 1 cup blueberries to mixture and stir 3 more times. Reserve the 1/2 cup of blueberries.

Using a #20 ice cream scoop, add the mixture to greased muffin pans. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of berries on top of muffins and press down lightly. Place into the oven and increase the temperature to 400 degrees. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pan halfway through. Remove from oven and turn out, upside down on tea towel to cool completely. Serve immediately or store in airtight container for 2 to 3 days.

Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

Great basic recipe that allows you play room:).

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Link doesn't open for me?
Maybe it's not the link. I can't connect with FN at all.....
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Are you cooking these muffins in an RV? There is only one rack in my oven.

Any tips on getting things to brown on top?
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit