cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Egglette Advisory

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a set of four Egglettes from Amazon. They worked great, just like on TV. I ordered another set of six. Terrible. The difference? The second set had a pattern of holes in their tops, much like a salt shaker that let water in and ruined the process. The holes only covered about one fourth of the top, but that was enough. Moral of the story, buy the ones without the many holes.
27 REPLIES 27

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
My cheapo electric egg cooker/steamer thing gives me consistent results every time. Eggs peel better than any other method I've tried.

Kittykath
Explorer
Explorer
My cheapo electric egg cooker/steamer thing gives me consistent results every time. Eggs peel better than any other method I've tried.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Happytraveler wrote:
I cook my eggs in an Instant Pot for 4 minutes, soft boil 2 minutes. The eggs are so easy to peel.

Oh! I have an Instant Pot. I'll have to try this. Thanks.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Happytraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I cook my eggs in an Instant Pot for 4 minutes, soft boil 2 minutes. The eggs are so easy to peel.
Charlie, a male Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier
Katie, a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Ok it is a "General RVing issue because many RVers like to EAT. and many campgrounds do things like POT LUCK dinners and a common "Dish to pass" is deviled eggs.

An Egglet is a silicon "Egg shell" you take a raw egg, break it into the "Egglet" put the top on and drop it in a pan of boiling water.. Time it and then remove the egglet, and "Decant" (yes that is the word) a perfect hard boiled egg suitable for Egg Salad, or Cheif's Salad or Deviled eggs or ______ No pealing needed. Heavily advertised on TV.

Why they would put holes in 'em I don't know.

You trying to defend having this in the wrong forum...what a douche.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
We all know how to boil eggs. The difficulty is in the peeling. I have tried various additives and aging the eggs without much improvement. The Egglettes simplify the process. I am an engineer and like things that work and work about the same way every time. Peeling eggs is always a gamble for me. I know that I can now prepare pretty hard boiled eggs every time, No more missing chunks where the shell stuck.

I am surprised at the number of folks who are not familiar with them. They are advertised heavily on the classic television channels. Maybe I watch too many reruns of "Gunsmoke" and "Perry Mason"?

hokeypokey
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
Seems a lot of fuss to avoid peeling an egg?

Agree. bring eggs to a boil, 11 minutes later, turn off the heat and let them sit (covered) until water loses its extreme heat. Learned from Grandma & Mom.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never heard of them. Learned something new today.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
In my experience, the "good" ones have a single small vent hole in the top. The "bad" ones have the salt-shaker pattern.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
My husband bought these. Seems he thought he'd have a better chance at winning the Publisher's Clearing House sweepstakes! We haven't used them yet. I'll have to check if they have the holes. Lordy, I hope not. That would be a double whammy.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I considered getting some, but all the reviews I've read on this product have been less than favorable.

The ONE product that does work well, from the As Seen On TV "stuff"... is the man's belt. Believe it or not, it's actually a very good belt. If you get one and it's too long, just cut off an inch or 2 of the end that catches in the buckle and make it the length you need. I've had mine for over a year now, use it ever day and still no wear on those little teeth on the belt.

Worst product EVER in my opinion, was the grippers that was suppose to hold your cell phone on the windshield of your car! Those were a true waste. They never held anything. Not only did the phone fall off the gripper, the gripper also fell off the window! Never worked. Absolute waste of money!

Just an FYI if anyone's interested! :B

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I learned what an "egglet" is! Learn something new everyday!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
TomG2 wrote:
Report it to the moderator. This group is getting way to touchy. Someone broke the rules. Report them.

I just thought it was a lighthearted comment on something that is heavily advertised and of interest to many. I served hard boiled eggs at a campout last week to great reviews.
Well, I certainly appreciate this topic, as I would have never known about egglettes had it not been brought up. I never go into the cooking forum. I don't mind peeling hard boiled eggs, but I can never get them cooked correctly - always get egg with shell. So thanks!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RVing
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox