cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Favorite Leftovers Recipes

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know. Who's going to have leftovers right? Surprisingly we did because everyone in the family MADE TOO MUCH FOOD.

So I've got leftovers of pork roast and mac and cheese.
Chopped up the roast and combined with the M&C.
Added fresh chopped onion and chopped poblano peppers.
Sprinkled it with a little hot sauce and molรฉ sauce and nuked it.

Good stuff.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
12 REPLIES 12

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Leftover steak or pork is great for a giant tray of nachos.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would say my favorite left overs are:
Spaghetti
BBQ's meat loaf.
I actually like the BBQ'd meat loaf more as a left over than fresh! That's why I make a 3-4 pound meat loaf.
I heat up a cast iron skillet and "scorch" them until there is a little crust. Especially with the meat loaf. Slice an inch thick, cajun seasoning, scorch, serve on garlic bread with some kind of fantastic hot sauce like Pepper Plant, see link below.
https://www.safeway.com/shop/product-details.105400447.html?cmpid=ps_swy_noc_ecom_goo_20200924_71700000073391208_58700007112002031_92700063970942081&gclid=Cj0KCQjw0K-HBhDDARIsAFJ6UGiLF9EUPwZ6fLyZ3R9u-HYENwwbKFUG1U4CaNTA-I3sIg5c9746McwaAsxvEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trekkar wrote:
magnusfide wrote:
Leftover corn on the cob is becoming Poblano Corn Fritters tonight. Using this recipe and replacing the jalapeรฑos with poblano peppers.

Another easy direction is ba'corn. Bacon, peppers, onion, corn, cream and cheese in a cast iron....If you want it browned, you can finish in the broiler.

Great option.:C
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins

Magnus

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
magnusfide wrote:
Leftover corn on the cob is becoming Poblano Corn Fritters tonight. Using this recipe and replacing the jalapeรฑos with poblano peppers.

Another easy direction is ba'corn. Bacon, peppers, onion, corn, cream and cheese in a cast iron....If you want it browned, you can finish in the broiler.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

propchef
Explorer
Explorer
I was camping over the weekend and made pasta from leftover ground beef kabobs.

- cooked ground beef kabobs (or leftover meatloaf)
- your favorite cooked pasta. I used penne
- tomato sauce, fresh or canned/jar. We have tomatoes in the garden already and I made a quick sauce from that

We'll also make a Sloppy Jose from these types of leftovers. Like a Sloppy Joe but spicy, served with cilantro, lime, and sour cream (crema). #drool

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Leftover dirty rice for tonight. I'm going to add
a couple of cans of Ro-Tel tomato salsa
extra Jimmy Dean sausage
top it with whatever cheese I have in the fridge

Baking at 350 for 30-40 minutes until the tomato salsa liquid is absorbed.

Magnus

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II

Magnus

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
Leftover meat especially with the gravy is great for adding to a packet of Ramen soup. Especially if you have some extra veggies to toss in.

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We smoke turkeys and don't care for the dark meat. But a friend of ours told us about this dish. My wife cuts up the dark meat, puts it a casserole dish, along with Stove Top Stuffing, and a jar of gravy. Does it in the convection oven. Is it ever good and very warming.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Meatloaf...always better the next day

Chicken....day after it gets cut up for chicken salad sandwiches OR for topping on green salad

Pork Loin....day after shredded for green chili casserole, pork tacos, pulled pork sandwiches

Grilled salmon...next day use at topping in green salad

Left overs.....Thursday used to be 'must go' day (Friday trash pickup)
Now Monday is trash pickup day so Sunday is 'Must go' day

Combinations/reuses are endless
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
We have leftover Schlotzky's sandwiches, dips, lemon chess pie, and an entire Fruit & Nut Loaf. I'm going to soak it in brandy.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Your posts always make me hungry.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7