cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Healthy Eating

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
I heard this on the radio a little while ago.
To make chocolate milk less unhealthy health Experts say to add peanut skins and coffee grounds!
They didn't say whether to use the food processor or not.
So when the grand kids want chocolate milk try it.
13 REPLIES 13

Dog_Trainer
Explorer
Explorer
actually chocolate milk is quite a bit better than some treats. It is great for replacing electrolytes. many athletes found it better than Gatorade.
2016 Newmar Baystar 3401
2011 HHR Toad
Daktari & Lydia Cavalier King Charles , Annie get your guns, our English setter (fur Bearing Children)

ams1130
Explorer
Explorer

patbac
Explorer
Explorer
It makes more sense to just "water" it down with milk if they're getting too much sugar.

A treat should be a treat, not something you get every day. But that's just me - I'll always be a mom.

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
"Health experts." Yeah, right....
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
To make chocolate milk less unhealthy health Experts say to add peanut skins and coffee grounds!

That is just nasty! I think they just wanted to see if anybody was dumb enough to actually do it.
Just say no to the payload police :C

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think someone's pulling a fast one.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds awful. Growing up we didn't have chocolate milk in the house, but we had Ovaltine and drank it all the time in our milk.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
thats nasty. chocolate milk really isnt all that unhealthy (as far as milk is concerned) its just some extra sugar. Id bet dollars to donuts they have worse things all the time
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not a doctor or an expert but I'm pretty sure if you give chocolate milk with peanut skins in it to a kid with a peanut allergy it's not a healthy or a wise decision.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
To make chocolate milk healthier, leave out the chocolate and sugar.
I used to be a Big Brother. All the kids drank chocolate milk at school. Most of them were overweight. I started drinking plain milk. Pretty soon some other kids went to palin milk. Then we in the majority.

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
I would suggest you try it yourself before passing that off to the kids.
I would just give them a little less actual chocolate milk and then push them outside to play.

I don't think anyone would drink it...but...they were serious. Imocons didn't work.
I haven't seen any reports of pinto bean or pickle ice cream either..that they sell at fairs.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest you try it yourself before passing that off to the kids.
I would just give them a little less actual chocolate milk and then push them outside to play.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
down home wrote:
:E
That sounds so, not good. Blak
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund