cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

how do you store countertop appliances?

jepalmer
Explorer
Explorer
Curious as to how people store their countertop appliances (coffee maker, blender, toaster oven, food processor, etc) when traveling. Do the sticky shelf linings stop the appliances from shifting/bouncing around? Bungee cords? Wood strips on counter?

We have a rear kitchen, BTW

thanks.
30 REPLIES 30

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
coffee maker goes in sink wrapped in a towel with faucet placed against it. 6 years full timing and counting and it makes every trip.

"Everything" else goes back on the bed in small plastic tub.

I have yet to see stickies, rubber mats, velcro etc keep everything in place ALL the time. IMHO not worth the chance of one quick stop, turn, or bump in the road sending all my stuff all over.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

jjjandrbaker
Explorer
Explorer
I store my keuring coffee maker in its box under the sink. I store my multi cooker in its box sitting in the bath tub with my electric fan. My television (no way to wall mount it in the Colby T) is wrapped in a quilt and stored laying flat in the small cabinet above the closet. My heater and electric skillet are stored in thier boxes under the closet. My radio and ipod sound box are stored in their boxes above the dinette.
Jim Baker
San Antonio, TX
travel blog and photos

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
RV CONUS wrote:
Non-Slip, Works for us.

We tried this stuff and it started coming off on the items we had stored in the cabinets. We had bits of rubber stuck all over cups, storage bins etc.

We've been using it for years, and have not had that problem. DW gets it at Wallyworld.

I use it in the bay for the grill to sit on, and on top of the fridge in the bay to hold utensils, and plastic container of spices. Works for us.

If we had that problem, I wouldn't use it either. Until then!
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

campn4walleye
Explorer
Explorer
Our toaster and the bread is stored in the microwave. It fits perfectly. The coffeepot (small stovetop perk) is stored on the bottom of the slide out pantry. Basically, those are only appliances we use in the TC. The dish drainer fits in the sink.

Everything else fits in drawers and storage cubbies.
2011 Adventurer 910FBS truck camper,Torklift tie downs,Fastguns & Wobbl-stopprs
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW 6.7L CTD,4x4,LB,CC,auto,3.73 axle,General 17" on/off rd
2008 Lund 1825 Explorer Sport,115 Merc,9.9 kicker,Torklift Super Hitch,42" Supertruss
USAF ret E-9&E-7

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I leave most appliances right where I use them. Occasionally I will put away the blender cup and the glass coffee carafe. The heavier parts don't move.

My kitchen is in front of the wheels.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
RV CONUS wrote:
Non-Slip, Works for us.

We tried this stuff and it started coming off on the items we had stored in the cabinets. We had bits of rubber stuck all over cups, storage bins etc.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
I put everything in cabinets. However, if you really want to keep them on the counter, use 'industrial strength' velcro. Apply half to the item, the other half to the counter. It will hold! I've even installed mirrors using this stuff. And it can be safely removed.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
If you put your coffee maker in the sink, make sure you wrap it in a towel to keep from marring the sink. I just put mine in a corner on the counter against the wall. Rides good and safe. JMHO
charles weidman

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Non-Slip, Works for us.
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
We have a weighted paper towel holder that doesn't move. Our toaster is always stored in a deep drawer. Our coffee maker has a lip so the carafe doesn't move. We unplug the coffee maker and wrap the cord around the weighted paper towel holder. Got rid of all the other stuff.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
We line all cabinets/shelves/drawers with the thin indoor/outdoor carpet. It's cost efficient and the objects don't move.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Coffee maker goes in sink. Toaster and knife rack go on the floor in the dinette area. That is all the counter top we have to store.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Road_Runners
Explorer
Explorer
We put them in cabinets sitting in plastic trays to keep them from moving about. For the toaster, the tray also catches the stray bread crumbs.
'05' F-250 Power Stroke
'00' 30' Cameo Fifth Wheel

retired4fun2002
Explorer
Explorer
Secure them inside cabinets....non-stick doesn't work when you swerve, jam brakes, you can see it I'm sure!! Oh, did I say, I have a T-Shirt to prove it, ha! Safe travels.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Everything gets put innits place. Some things go on the floor under the TV, some in the cabinet. Between the pans DW used the pan dividers. Everything else is packed pretty tightly and does not move