cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor Gormet Gas Grill Review's by Pat

PatRenee
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone.... Thought I'd take a minute to talk about portable gas grills.... First of all.... I am from Texas and am an avid BBQ Cook.... I have recently became a Full- Timer and hated giving up my SMOKER to go on the road....soooooo.... after 40+ years of smoking meat..... I have had to resolve to being a gas grill cook...... So I looked at all you guy's suggestions and researched all over the web and was getting ready to buy the Coleman grill, or that cute Q 2400... I had researched and found I would have to spend $250 to $300 to get a good grill...... So while researching grills I went to Academy to get some fishing stuff for a upcoming trip... While there I saw an "Outdoor Gourmet" Grill and instead of $300...it was $99..... I looked at it real good... the specs were better on it than competitors units... nice Thick STEEL grate to cook on..... So I bought it.... I figured if it worked good I could wear out three of them before it cost me the same as 1 from the other guys.... I wonder how long it will last though.... lets face it guys... the burners and internal components fail long before we wear out the outsides,,, We have been full- timing and cooking on the pit since Feb. 28.... and when I say cook on it I MEAN COOK ON IT.... WE cook on it almost daily... I cook steaks like ones below at least 3 or 4 times a week and sausages for lunch... chicken breast.... pork chops.....the rest of the days.... We have not used our stove yet....and probably won't ever... So I use my grill at least 10 times a week.... So far I love it.....it has a great drain pan all the way across the bottom that I dump once a week.... It cooks very even across it's surface... There is plenty of room on it.... I will post updates as to if and when it gives me any problem so we can all find out together how long it last and how well it holds up to everyday use.... It even fits in my outside under the bed storage.....AWESOME PIT SO FAR...

1 REPLY 1

jnharley
Explorer
Explorer
There are small pellet smokers available that will fit in basement storage compartments. We are full timers and love our Green Mountain Davey Crocket. We smoke everything (food wise).

Thanks for the grill review.
2015 Dodge Dually
2012 NuWa Discover America 355CK